5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Impreza Sport Hatch 5spd Manual
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else run into this? I'd assume there is a rubber boot or bushing in the pedal assembly that needs a little lubricant based on the way it creaks and squeaks when pressed. I just haven't had the time to turn myself upside down and get a good look in the pedal area under the dash.

Also if there's anything on the engine bay side that moves, might need some attention there. The salt de icing spray used around here just seems to destroy everything it gets on.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hmm. That brings up removal of the transmission. Not saying that couldn't be it, but I planned to start smaller and check the bushings, rubber boot that would go through the firewall.

Then again, I do also have a squeaky/ chirpy transmission noise that only comes up when its cold started on these colder mornings now. Goes away after about 10 min a drive. I know I've got some type of sound clip saved from last winter, or even the one before.

When I find that, I'll post it in.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Transmission whirring,chirping on cold morning starts, with a nice little flutter out when shut down.

Been told by service it's like the throw out or pilot bearing, but they don't seem inclined to wanting to fix it under any drivetrain or extended warranty coverage

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Marty with the TSBs tonight! Always good to be aware of and give the dealer some proof that Subaru acknowledged a problem/situation of sorts.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Impreza 5-Door Sport 5MT
191 Posts
Mine squeaks on my 21 Sport in cold weather. As it heats up it goes away. Its done it from day one. I'll eventually look at it but I know its nothing major.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts