5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

Starlink Interface with iPod Touch

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  pingber 
#1 ·
Hello- I'm loving the 2017 Impreza- but I'm having an issue running my iPod touch with StarLink. I have a huge music library that I take with me on road trips. My iPod Classic with tons of storage wasn't supported, so I had to purchase an iPod touch. While it plays and sounds fine, there is a big issue with sorting logic. When I select an album on the StarLink touch screen all of the songs in the album play in alphabetical order, not in the order of the tracks on the album. There doesn't seem to be a workaround here (I don't want to play through bluetooth as there's some degradation in sound quality). There are other sorting problems as well-- i.e. Artists are sorted alphabetically by first name rather than last- a bit of a pain, but not as bad as the track order issue. I've notified the dealership about this and they're trying to find an answer, but so far no luck. Help!!

#3 ·
I had same issues with MP3s on a USB, and the work around for me is to make playlists per album, and play albums through the playlists. Though I also made bigger playlists with several albums with the right order. It is annoying that its all listed in alphabetical order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.