5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Christmas finally showed up at my house last night (01-11-2022) when the first of my personalization modifications to the car showed up. I don’t claim the minor things like my headlight and fog light bulbs as a personalization as they are somewhat cosmetic/maintenance things.
My first major item is a LP Aventure lift kit. Now my problem is just getting some garage time and shop therapy to install it. Hopefully I’ll get it done this weekend.

Any tricks or cautions I should look for would be very much appreciated.
Wood Font Automotive tire Gas Jewellery

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
485 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't need a shop, nor do you even need four jack stands. Here is a comment I wrote on another thread with tips on the matter: [Help Requested] Base Lift + Sway Bars
Thanks for the heads up. I luckily have access to a shop with a hoist and all sorts of toys and tools, including a few technicians who want to help/see it when it’s done. Also having access to the alignment rack at the dealership I work for should make it a one stop shop. I’m really looking forward to seeing what I can do just to have a little more fun with this car. I’ve decided that this is probably going to be the closest I’ll get to having a “midlife crisis” car and so am using it as an excuse to put time and energy into it to help with my mental health and stress reduction. I’m hoping to get out an play with some friends this next summer on some of their adventures.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put a 2” lift from Crawford performance on my 2017 Impreza. It was pretty straightforward but now I’m having lots of squeaks coming from the back end.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put a 2” lift from Crawford performance on my 2017 Impreza. It was pretty straightforward but now I’m having lots of squeaks coming from the back end.
I work at a dealership and hear about squeaks from people still on stock suspension. I guess it really depends on what is acceptable to each individual. I figure if I lift it and get some squeaks it’s my fault and I’ll just have to invest in better speakers. Thanks for adding your experience, now I can factor that into future decisions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts