·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
'17 Base Sedan 5mt
50 Posts
Have you had a chance to install it yet? Interested to know how much of a difference it makes to handling. Still need to add a rear anti sway bar to my base, but may have to add this to the list if it's any good.

Can at least count on the +5hp from the STI sticker 😂

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you had a chance to install it yet? Interested to know how much of a difference it makes to handling. Still need to add a rear anti sway bar to my base, but may have to add this to the list if it's any good.

Can at least count on the +5hp from the STI sticker 😂
Already installed.
Yes, you will feel the difference, it feels like... the back side of the car is tight, and your steering will be more sharp.
I actually installed the STI flexible strut tower brace, that one, you really feel the difference, it got me to want install the other parts, so I ordered and install this draw stiffener.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tread
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Gas Bumper

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I installed the STI flexible strut tower brace shortly after buying my Impreza, like it, and have been wanting to install the rear flexible draw stiffener.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for posting this. I installed the STI flexible strut tower brace shortly after buying my Impreza, like it, and have been wanting to install the rear flexible draw stiffener.
Yah mate, the Sti flexible strut tower brace, you will really feel the change, it was my first mod, and after that, you will want to add more, next i will try to install the draw stiffener front.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'd like to know more about the installation too, especially removing and reinstalling the bumper cover.
Very excited about this - don’t necessarily need horsepower and speed to have a solid drive ; ordered it from a site just right now - came to be cheaper then the eBay listing …. from the same re seller … really appreciate my manual Impreza :)

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Impreza 5-Door Sport 5MT
12 Posts
Very excited about this - don’t necessarily need horsepower and speed to have a solid drive ; ordered it from a site just right now - came to be cheaper then the eBay listing …. from the same re seller … really appreciate my manual Impreza :)

Sorry for reviving yet another post in this forum, but just wanted to say thank you for sharing the BHJ website here. Just this website alone would've saved me hours of google searching for parts that are all beautifully organized on their website ready to buy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It happened today :) I installed it ; Installations on a 2017 Subaru Sedan Impreza Sport 5MT
How good am I with stuff …..A keen novice I would classify my self as - nothing more ; I had asked a shop for an estimate - they had said a 5 hour charge of 630 dollars - lol / no thanks .. I’ll learn :)

Installation time 1 hour 15 minutes

Tools needed - a torque tench - this is kind of important to have .
Wheel siding clips are to be replaced ( 2 in my case - cost of re-placement 4$ at dealer parts ) - these are impossible to be removed without braking after 5 years of drying out .
Rear bumper clips ( below) much easier to remove - just need patience ….

This car always drives well - however with front and rear strut bars ( both from Subaru ) I feel she loves corners even more being more planted ; Now the back end is also sharpened up in character on turns.

‘Here are some pictures from the journey …

Sleeve Security Automotive tire Gas Wood

Grass Wood Groundcover Auto part Metal

Gas Cameras & optics Composite material Audio equipment Bumper

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Automotive design

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Impreza 5-Door Sport 5MT
12 Posts
It happened today :) I installed it ; Installations on a 2017 Subaru Sedan Impreza Sport 5MT
How good am I with stuff …..A keen novice I would classify my self as - nothing more ; I had asked a shop for an estimate - they had said a 5 hour charge of 630 dollars - lol / no thanks .. I’ll learn :)

Installation time 1 hour 15 minutes

Tools needed - a torque tench - this is kind of important to have .
Wheel siding clips are to be replaced ( 2 in my case - cost of re-placement 4$ at dealer parts ) - these are impossible to be removed without braking after 5 years of drying out .
Rear bumper clips ( below) much easier to remove - just need patience ….

This car always drives well - however with front and rear strut bars ( both from Subaru ) I feel she loves corners even more being more planted ; Now the back end is also sharpened up in character on turns.

‘Here are some pictures from the journey …

View attachment 27675
View attachment 27679
View attachment 27676
View attachment 27678
View attachment 27677

Badass!!! Shoot, you could've paid me half of what the quote was and I would drive to you! xD xD xD

Good job on the elbow grease though, I'm sure it was fun getting to mess around with the car and adding new things to it.

This is something that is adding to my to-do list for the Impreza, can definitely say that I'm excited to start saving up on parts and get it the way I want it to.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts