5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,177 Posts
Not to hop on a dead thread but I was recently looking into this as we're working with a 2020 Outback at work and a hood scoop was asked about.
I know the older turbo'd ones had them so it's not that far-fetched but with the new body it's going to take some time and desire for any shops to take this serious now.
That said, I recalled that a certain set of year Impreza/Crosstrek/WRX had darn near interchangeable hoods. I came across this in my searching:
View attachment 22776

The whole front end is essentially WRX swapped, and the owner mentioned that custom brackets were needed to get the front bumper cover to fit properly on his Crosstrek but no mention of fooling with the hood hinges or fitment.

Once the Outback comes to the shop i'm going to be checking out the hinges and overall shape to see what the story is compared to my '18 Impreza. Not exactly holding my breathe but still. It'd be dope!
That is the last gen not the global platform, man that is a good looking car!

·
Registered
64 Posts
That is the last gen not the global platform, man that is a good looking car!
Yeah it is, not sure why they went with the Crosstrek and then lowered it but hey, it looks cool so no matters. My point was simply that weird things work sometimes and I have yet to see the underside of a 2020 hood panel and i'm curious lol

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Impreza Sport CVT Sedan
4 Posts
Hi guys, I would say the WRX style hood is pretty common here in Taiwan. I will attach the Facebook fan page from that company but I'm sure that they don't provide oversea shipping.

D-Maker Dynamics

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi guys, I would say the WRX style hood is pretty common here in Taiwan. I will attach the Facebook fan page from that company but I'm sure that they don't provide oversea shipping.

D-Maker Dynamics

View attachment 22785 View attachment 22786 View attachment 22787
That's why I like forums!
They state on their FB page that they export to Europe and America so i've reached out to see if that's true and if theyre working on something for this situation.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had pretty much given up on this idea until Eric posted!
Speedy, i found this one when i just searched alibaba... no clue if its legit.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Can’t wait to see what the shipped price is for that hood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had pretty much given up on this idea until Eric posted!
Speedy, i found this one when i just searched alibaba... no clue if its legit.

That looks like a good piece.
Of course photos are just photos, won't know until they get back to me!
Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Still the last gen. None of the lines will line up with the gen5.

I don't think he was implying a 15 up WRX swap on a 17 up Impreza. Sounds like he was just comparing the lines on the new outback (which IS on the global platform) to that of the global platform Impreza. Since it sounds like alot of the last gen stuff was interchangeable, it's not that wild of an idea to look into. In 5 years time when we have a few wrecked global platform WRX's it would be a really cool possibility.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Following. If nothing else, when the WRX switches to the global platform, we may luck out.. it's also possible for a good body guy to cut a hole in our hood and patch in a scoop.. but would likely not be cheap

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't think he was implying a 15 up WRX swap on a 17 up Impreza. Sounds like he was just comparing the lines on the new outback (which IS on the global platform) to that of the global platform Impreza. Since it sounds like alot of the last gen stuff was interchangeable, it's not that wild of an idea to look into. In 5 years time when we have a few wrecked global platform WRX's it would be a really cool possibility.
I wouldn't pay him no mind. Theres some folks on here that are too sour to even entertain the idea.
Kind of sad honestly as it seems like folks should be more open minded if theyre into cars.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Lol. Ok.

So you want to put an outback hood on the Impreza then? A simple trip to your dealer or google images will show you the lines aren’t there.

And fyi- the Impreza is my only vehicle that’s not heavily modified. I am open minded. But I’m also a realist.

At the moment there aren’t many mods out there to improve what subaru has done to the last way generation of the sport. For cost vs performance vs looks. Imo.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Lol. Ok.

So you want to put an outback hood on the Impreza then? A simple trip to your dealer or google images will show you the lines aren’t there.

And fyi- the Impreza is my only vehicle that’s not heavily modified. I am open minded. But I’m also a realist.

At the moment there aren’t many mods out there to improve what subaru has done to the last way generation of the sport. For cost vs performance vs looks. Imo.

I'm not looking to do anything to my Impreza... might want to go back to my original post.
I was merely discussing how past body panels on some models at one point were interchangeable so it's worth the two second glance when able to either confirm or deny.
K bye

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,177 Posts
I wouldn't pay him no mind. Theres some folks on here that are too sour to even entertain the idea.
Kind of sad honestly as it seems like folks should be more open minded if theyre into cars.
Well, there are a ton of people here who mod their cars and there are people who used to mod cars when they were younger and don't anymore. There are also people who are realists, for instance putting a hood with a scoop on it because it was meant for a car with a turbo onto a car that isn't turbo just for looks might turn off some people because it is kind of "ricer". I would compare it to people who put STI stickers on cars that are not STIs, same with people who put Type R on a car that isn't a type R. I am just using those as examples not saying I feel that way one way or the other.

Just saying, don't be so hard on people for their opinion, we are all different thank God. Wouldn't life be boring if we all liked the same thing? On a car forum if someone posts something and asks for an opinion they should be prepared to hear some opinions that aren't the same as theirs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well, there are a ton of people here who mod their cars and there are people who used to mod cars when they were younger and don't anymore. There are also people who are realists, for instance putting a hood with a scoop on it because it was meant for a car with a turbo onto a car that isn't turbo just for looks might turn off some people because it is kind of "ricer". I would compare it to people who put STI stickers on cars that are not STIs, same with people who put Type R on a car that isn't a type R. I am just using those as examples not saying I feel that way one way or the other.

Just saying, don't be so hard on people for their opinion, we are all different thank God. Wouldn't life be boring if we all liked the same thing? On a car forum if someone posts something and asks for an opinion they should be prepared to hear some opinions that aren't the same as theirs.
Again, my original input was not talking about putting a hood w/ a scoop onto an Impreza.
Was it talked about yes, but not the main point.
Merely using other models for reference.
Seems like theres a lot of confusion here...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Not to hop on a dead thread but I was recently looking into this as we're working with a 2020 Outback at work and a hood scoop was asked about.
I know the older turbo'd ones had them so it's not that far-fetched but with the new body it's going to take some time and desire for any shops to take this serious now.
That said, I recalled that a certain set of year Impreza/Crosstrek/WRX had darn near interchangeable hoods. I came across this in my searching:
View attachment 22776

The whole front end is essentially WRX swapped, and the owner mentioned that custom brackets were needed to get the front bumper cover to fit properly on his Crosstrek but no mention of fooling with the hood hinges or fitment.

Once the Outback comes to the shop i'm going to be checking out the hinges and overall shape to see what the story is compared to my '18 Impreza. Not exactly holding my breathe but still. It'd be dope!
Here I helped you out. No need to wait for a 2020 outback to come I to your shop. You can clearly see the lines for the fenders, headlights, bumper and going into the window Pilar are nothing alike. The outback is also wider.
D04AEDB1-0DC6-4CCE-B5C2-2A6B34DF90B2.jpg

Certain parts from the new crosstrek do transfer to the new Impreza. But that’s it. The outback/legacy/forester no. (Without heavy modification, which if we are taking heavy modification anything is possible)

If others (not you since you don’t exactly want to do it to your Impreza) want more parts to easily swap over to your Impreza you have to wait till the new wrx/sti is released.

Does this clear up any confusion now?

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,177 Posts
Again, my original input was not talking about putting a hood w/ a scoop onto an Impreza.
Was it talked about yes, but not the main point.
Merely using other models for reference.
Seems like theres a lot of confusion here...
Not a biggie man, we went off on some tangents but its all good. :)

21 - 40 of 45 Posts