5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

STI hood on a impreza sport hatchback?

50K views 46 replies 20 participants last post by  NoéRuisseau 
#1 ·
I've been really wondering if the hood of the WRX STI would fit on a non sti model just for looks I see so many driving around yet I don't know anyone with one to try it out anyone have any ideas.

#5 ·
Won't fit...two totally different platforms and body parts, as most other parts, are not interchangeable. The WRX and STI are still built on the old platform and don't change until 2020 at the earliest.

#14 ·
I realize it's on the last gen
Just shown as an example of how creative and talented some people in the car community can be. It's impressive really. The Levorg would be a dream car to have here. Who doesn't love a fast wagon? Biggest reason I didn't get a WRX base for the same money was the fact that they don't have a hatch and I have a large dog who is not allowed on the seats. Fingers crossed for the global platform WRX.

#16 ·
Yeah I'm guessing that he has to be on bags. Wouldn't clear a sleeping policeman at that height. Some people buy Subarus because they like the brand and the look and not for the capability. I bottom my car out at stock ride height sometimes if I'm not paying attention. Even had a few driveways I couldn't get into without taking them at a silly angle so I'm not sure it would be for me either, but to each their own.

#18 ·
To each his own, I kind of like the looks. Having said that the reason I would not do it is due to air management. The car is engineered is a way to route air a specific way in, around and through the motor bay. Forcing air into the hood like that will more than likely mess with that big time, to say nothing of making the motor bay dirty. It may mess with the cooling and intake areas.

Reactions: Subanoob
#19 ·
Not to hop on a dead thread but I was recently looking into this as we're working with a 2020 Outback at work and a hood scoop was asked about.
I know the older turbo'd ones had them so it's not that far-fetched but with the new body it's going to take some time and desire for any shops to take this serious now.
That said, I recalled that a certain set of year Impreza/Crosstrek/WRX had darn near interchangeable hoods. I came across this in my searching:

The whole front end is essentially WRX swapped, and the owner mentioned that custom brackets were needed to get the front bumper cover to fit properly on his Crosstrek but no mention of fooling with the hood hinges or fitment.

Once the Outback comes to the shop i'm going to be checking out the hinges and overall shape to see what the story is compared to my '18 Impreza. Not exactly holding my breathe but still. It'd be dope!

#25 ·
Hi guys, I would say the WRX style hood is pretty common here in Taiwan. I will attach the Facebook fan page from that company but I'm sure that they don't provide oversea shipping.

D-Maker Dynamics

View attachment 22785 View attachment 22786 View attachment 22787
That's why I like forums!
They state on their FB page that they export to Europe and America so i've reached out to see if that's true and if theyre working on something for this situation.
Thanks!

#26 ·
I had pretty much given up on this idea until Eric posted!
Speedy, i found this one when i just searched alibaba... no clue if its legit.

#33 · (Edited)
Lol. Ok.

So you want to put an outback hood on the Impreza then? A simple trip to your dealer or google images will show you the lines aren’t there.

And fyi- the Impreza is my only vehicle that’s not heavily modified. I am open minded. But I’m also a realist.

At the moment there aren’t many mods out there to improve what subaru has done to the last way generation of the sport. For cost vs performance vs looks. Imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#34 ·
Lol. Ok.

So you want to put an outback hood on the Impreza then? A simple trip to your dealer or google images will show you the lines aren’t there.

And fyi- the Impreza is my only vehicle that’s not heavily modified. I am open minded. But I’m also a realist.

At the moment there aren’t many mods out there to improve what subaru has done to the last way generation of the sport. For cost vs performance vs looks. Imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not looking to do anything to my Impreza... might want to go back to my original post.
I was merely discussing how past body panels on some models at one point were interchangeable so it's worth the two second glance when able to either confirm or deny.
K bye

#41 ·
Not sure if anyone would be interested in this but there are hoods that are made for the 18-20 crosstreks with the wrx/sti look in carbon fiber and duraflex. I'm looking to get one here eventually just don't have the money now unfortunately.

#43 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.