5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick tip for y'all. If you notice your heated seat switches acting sticky, you move one and the other follows it, especially if you've spilled something like soda or coffee down there, and it gets worse when the weather gets cold, there's a super quick fix for that!

Electrical Contact Cleaner. You can pick some up at Walmart, hardware stores, and auto parts stores. This stuff is designed for switches, potentiometers, etc. so it doesn't conduct electricity. Simply spray it all over the switches, rather liberally, and rock them back and forth to work it down in there. You may need to re-apply cause it evaporates pretty quickly. Eventually you will feel the switches free up, no longer trying to take the other switch with them, and that solid clicking feeling accompanied by the clicking sound will return. Wipe the excess cleaner off and you're back to new! (y)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was getting ready to research the cost of new switches when I thought to look on here. I honestly don't know why I didn't think of this myself, but thank you for saving me some time and money!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.