5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who knows what brand Subaru uses for the brake pads?

I have to say the brakes are very sticky and don't fade that much under high load.

I ran a panic stop test at 40 mph to 0 and was surprised with the stopping power.

·
Registered
37 Posts
well tripswitch, i learned something new searching Subarus website: on the sport models, the front disc size is 11.6 inches compared to all the other models at 10.9, with the same sized rear. kinda bummed that practically all cars nowadays are going back to solid rear rotors, as i am someone who can never have enough braking power and fear my brakes are always getting warm and will get warped. Either way the brakes on these cars are insanely strong, I'm just worried with the amount of braking i do, (off-ramps on highways and a good amount of city driving) they're going to wear quickly. I guess thats why the sports come on 18s and the limited comes on 17s, they have to accommodate bigger rotors!

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
I believe I read that there's a company called Akebono makes the OEM brakes for Subaru but don't quote me 100% on that. They do have pretty grippy brakes though but on my other Subaru, I switched out the stock pads for Stoptechs and kept oem rotors and dear... that'll choke yah haha!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Who knows what brand Subaru uses for the brake pads?

I have to say the brakes are very sticky and don't fade that much under high load.

I ran a panic stop test at 40 mph to 0 and was surprised with the stopping power.
Same here. Recently had to brake hard because of an idiot driver & was amazed it slowed down so fast. Left some skid marks & smoke behind lol.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The brakes on this car is amazing. I only have the base model so im guessing I have the smaller brakes, but it feels really responsive and stops quite well when need be.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Honestly my sport stops better than my super crazy modded 02 wrx. I legit had to order agressive new pads for the wrx to compensate!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts