5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a strut tower brace - usually one of Subaru's own - on my past 2 Legacies. I always thought that the tracking improved with the brace - especially my 2012 6MT Premium model, which always felt like it was on stilts.

I have not been able to find a whole lot on our Impreza board, concerning the real value of a strut tower brace for our cars. I read Peaty's install thread, but never heard much about its performance. I am interested in comments and thoughts, if you have experience with our 2017 Imps and any make of STB.

Also, the choice of which to buy is not clear. There are certainly a lot of choices... The Subaru STB is totally different than the rest, and is very expensive. If I thought it would truly firm things up and help with tracking, I would purchase it. However, the Nameless STB is fascinating in its own right. And their advertising copy writer is skillful in convincing that theirs is best.

I am interested in learning from anyone who will take the time to educate me, please. I do not intend to add a rear bar - just the front, if I finally choose to do so at all. Peaty: If you have had time to come to a conclusion concerning the Nameless STB, and the value of the STB, in general, I am truly ready to listen.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I installed the STI strut tower brace shortly after purchasing my 2019 Sport. It works and I'd buy it again, but the improvement is subtle. My post on the subject:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had a strut tower brace - usually one of Subaru's own - on my past 2 Legacies. I always thought that the tracking improved with the brace - especially my 2012 6MT Premium model, which always felt like it was on stilts.

I have not been able to find a whole lot on our Impreza board, concerning the real value of a strut tower brace for our cars. I read Peaty's install thread, but never heard much about its performance. I am interested in comments and thoughts, if you have experience with our 2017 Imps and any make of STB.

Also, the choice of which to buy is not clear. There are certainly a lot of choices... The Subaru STB is totally different than the rest, and is very expensive. If I thought it would truly firm things up and help with tracking, I would purchase it. However, the Nameless STB is fascinating in its own right. And their advertising copy writer is skillful in convincing that theirs is best.

I am interested in learning from anyone who will take the time to educate me, please. I do not intend to add a rear bar - just the front, if I finally choose to do so at all. Peaty: If you have had time to come to a conclusion concerning the Nameless STB, and the value of the STB, in general, I am truly ready to listen.
I have the nameless performance single piece strut tower brace. It’s somewhat tedious to install since it’s a single piece but not terrible. I have had to take it back out to install coil overs it does a great job and there isn’t the flex that come from a multi piece brace

1 - 5 of 5 Posts