5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm hopefully going to be a 1st time Subaru owner (2017 Subaru Impreza Sport Manual) and I was looking to get an Ambassador Coupon to help with my purchase.

The coupon would go a long way with me as I would plan on giving back to the Impreza5 forum community on my experiences and any reasonable requests from other forum members about my Subaru!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance! :smile2:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Wish you luck with this, always see people asking for those coupons and most that do, once they see the sort of information required to transfer over, go missing :D

Keep us posted if you get it along with your future Impreza.

How soon are you looking to purchase?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wish you luck with this, always see people asking for those coupons and most that do, once they see the sort of information required to transfer over, go missing :D

Keep us posted if you get it along with your future Impreza.

How soon are you looking to purchase?
I believe I'd be willing to give most info minus a ssn... I haven't had any luck on getting one, in fact I put money down on an order early January and was laid off this week :crying: I still need a vehicle so I have to go through with the order but an Ambassador Coupon sure would be very nice, especially now that I'm scraping to get by...

·
Registered
163 Posts
According to the subaru ambassador website, when you click apply now, it says they aren't accepting applications at this time. Care to fill us in on how this works. I've never heard of it personally.

·
Registered
308 Posts
From what I've read, I heard it takes off $500, but I'm not too sure off of which amount. Not too sure how you qualify for it either.

·
Registered
44 Posts
SnowScubaru,

Did you get your new Subaru yet? If so, did you get any Ambassador coupons from anyone?

Just wondering,

Phil

·
Administrator
771 Posts
My brother is a Subaru Ambassador. He has applied for a few years and finally got accepted for 2017. Basically you get a ton free stuff from Subaru. Apparel, bags, traveler cups and other fun promo items. It's not junk either. He was able to order a nice Subaru jacket too. I think they get an allowance or something like that.

They only get a certain amount of coupons to use. I think no more than 5. Coupon is for $500.00 of a new vehicle purchase. Once you get the coupon you have 1 year to use it. The name and address must match the person who is buying the car. Also VERY IMPORTANT you are told on the coupon to refrain from telling your sales rep you have one until you have an agreed upon selling price. Once that selling price is in place then you present the coupon. This is so that the dealership cannot say it's included when you are negotiating. I just agreed to a selling price of $24,335 so now I can use my coupon to make the selling price $23,835. It can really come in handy and makes a huge difference. I'm sure the Ambassador gets a kickback too once it's used.

I hope that information helps!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Unfortunately we only ever get 5 and it never resets, so mine are reserved for family and friends. My mom just got a Forester last month and my brother picked up an Impreza Tuesday, hence why I'm on here even though I drive a Legacy.

I'm sure the Ambassador gets a kickback too once it's used.
I wish we did lol:p

·
Registered
59 Posts
SnowScubaru,

If you're still around, I'm willing to give you one of my offers. I still have my five. PM me. [sorry if it takes awhile to get back to you, I'm terrible at checking PMs. <-- I know, I know, not proud of it.]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, we want to upgrade to a bigger car for our first child. If you can spare a coupon with me, it would be a big saving for us. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Subie nation. I'm new to Subaru and am looking to make our first purchase. I have always been a Honda/Acura/Volvo guy, but now that we are moving to Chicagoland from DC we are looking to add a proven/capable/safe AWD vehicle to the family. I have been working with several dealerships in the Chicago area but I have not been able to get any of them to match the Honda/Acura offer of $500 additional off at time of signing for active duty military. The last 3 Hondas I purchased I was able to negotiate the price then corporate Honda added an additional $500 off. I know the subie nation has a coupon called the Ambassador Coupon. It appears to be somewhat of a mythical unicorn that I have yet to be able to procure. Anyone mind telling me how I can get an Ambassador coupon? Thanks!

·
Administrator
771 Posts
There could be someone in this forum that is an Ambassador that might be willing to share an Ambassador Coupon. They only get so many to use, I think 5, so they are hard to get. Keep searching and you might be able to find one.

If you do get one make sure you agree to the price then present the coupon. Don't mention it at all during any negotiating process. They'll use it to their advantage. Also in fine print the coupon states the vehicle you are purchasing must come from dealer stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Coletrain! I look forward to purchasing a new Impreza and actively participating in this forum to learn new things about the Impreza. I think its an awesome vehicle for the money and I like what Subaru stands for. I'm hoping to find a coupon soon. Thanks Again, Mike

·
Administrator
771 Posts
You're welcome. Hopefully you can find one or work out a great deal. Are you looking at a base, premium, sport or limited?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm looking to lock up a Limited with eyesight, but without Navi/Radio upgrades. Right now I've got a quote for $25,976 that's with destination included but without tax/tags. Yeah a Ambassador offer/coupon would be appreciated. I'm looking at Ice Silver with Black leather interior.

·
Registered
730 Posts
This is aimed at whoever & not anyone in particular, just a heads up. So your going to come on this forum, pretend to be all nice & literally beg for a coupon, just to save $500? Yeah $500 is money but in all fairness it's not a heck of a whole lot. Doesn't anyone have any pride anymore, Jesus :rolleyes::eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts