5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, anyone use this combo on here? I just picked them up and installed them yesterday / today. The crossbar directions were a bit vague on placement, but I think I have them on alright. The kayak carrier was a little bit of a pain. The rear one tended to lean backwards a bit. I got it as straight as I could though.

Anyone else have similar issues?

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's what mine looks like too. I used them a few times and they seemed pretty stable. I haven't done any highway driving or anything long distance yet. The lake isn't far from my house so its just a few miles going 35-45 mph. My only complaint is that I can hear a lot of wind noise, but I plan to take them off in the winter so it will only be a summer problem.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My only complaint is that I can hear a lot of wind noise, but I plan to take them off in the winter so it will only be a summer problem.
Wrap a bungie cord around the front cross bar. That will break up the wind as is crosses the bar and cut down on the noise. It sounds strange, but the bungie cord trick works.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Wrap a bungie cord around the front cross bar. That will break up the wind as is crosses the bar and cut down on the noise. It sounds strange, but the bungie cord trick works.
I have never heard of that before but theoretically it sounds like it makes sense.. but also sounds like it could also add a turbulent wind noise as well?

Worth the try for sure though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts