5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
I'm getting about 34 90% highway miles.
Which is about the highest I've seen anyone be getting.
I get up to 42mpg on a 25 mile commute that includes about 5 minutes of city and 20 minutes of highway. If I don't try I get there with 38-39. If I drive like a typical noob I get there with 36-37.

My average for like 3k miles is 36 iirc.

Registered
I get up to 42mpg on a 25 mile commute that includes about 5 minutes of city and 20 minutes of highway. If I don't try I get there with 38-39. If I drive like a typical noob I get there with 36-37.

My average for like 3k miles is 36 iirc.
馃槀 I just about spit out what I was drinking when I read this as I started to laugh. How are you measuring your MPG??? No way in **** you are getting 42mpg or averaging 38-39 with this engine. Are you hypermiling and traveling on 100% flat ground at 35mph everywhere you go? Even then, I don't believe any of your numbers.

Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
馃槀 I just about spit out what I was drinking when I read this as I started to laugh. How are you measuring your MPG??? No way in **** you are getting 42mpg or averaging 38-39 with this engine. Are you hypermiling and traveling on 100% flat ground at 35mph everywhere you go? Even then, I don't believe any of your numbers.

Went out and snapped this just now, it is from a few back and forth work trips. Had to do a mail drop at usps, ups, and fedex so it is a bit low.

I do employ some hypermiling concepts, such as speeding up down hill and easing off the throttle up hill, not speeding toward red lights, and not leaving my car idling after I park. Also have a difference from stock of having a borla muffler, kn air filter, and I add tcw3 2-stroke oil to my fuel. Then again I have anti-aero of mudflaps and ssd rails.

Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
View attachment 24115

Went out and snapped this just now, it is from a few back and forth work trips. Had to do a mail drop at usps, ups, and fedex so it is a bit low.

I do employ some hypermiling concepts, such as speeding up down hill and easing off the throttle up hill, not speeding toward red lights, and not leaving my car idling after I park. Also have a difference from stock of having a borla muffler, kn air filter, and I add tcw3 2-stroke oil to my fuel. Then again I have anti-aero of mudflaps and ssd rails.
I wonder how accurate those readings are in ALL makes of cars.

Registered
In the Last 3 years, my calculated averages are 25mpg with 87 fuel. Best calculated single trip was 31 mpg.

ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
My commute to work is 2 miles each way. I do this twice a day because I go home for my lunch break. I average 15-17 mpg so I guess I am in the low side of mpg. If I happen to take it on the highway I have gotten 31 mpg best :/
Only going that many miles your car's oil never gets close to operating temperatures that's what makes the MPG's so low. My BRZ and Forester XT had an actual oil temp read out. I had to go about at least 15 - 20 minutes at highway speeds before the temp would reach its steady temp. Short trips are hard on a car. As an aside, that would be considered severe duty on the oil. Be sure to get it up to operating temps on the highway every so often. Moisture will accumulate in the oil, getting it hot will flash off the moisture.

Reactions: Subarik

Registered

You can not go by what the car tells you...it is never accurate. When you fill up, reset the trip computer to 0.00. Drive however many miles you want to drive (should be greater than 100) and then go to a gas station. Look at the trip computer and EXACTLY how many gallons the pump says you used. NEVER add additional fuel...when the pump auto shuts of...stop there on every fill-up. Divide the miles by the gallons. Best to do after using a full tank as the less miles driven will have an impact on the calculation and make it less reliable.

Reactions: peaty

ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
I've been using an app on my phone to track my mileage. I really don't like it does anyone have a app that they like for an Android phone? Mine is more about finding gas prices and not tracking which is really what I'm interested in. Using the read out from your dash is never very accurate in my experience the only way to do it is the way you've described it above.
This is a screenshot from GasBuddy

Attachments

Reactions: securityguy
41 - 49 of 49 Posts