5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Subaru Corp.'s operating profits weren’t looking so great in the last fiscal year, in fact the company’s profits dropped 27% and broke their three year record of increasing financial results. The latest operating income numbers probably brought on a sigh of relief with the latest quarter ending in an 18% increase.

That’s 119.34 billion yen or around $1.06 billion for the first quarter, which ended on June 30th. From April to June alone, the manufacturer saw a global revenue increase of 11% to 854.77 billion yen ($8.90 billion).

Strong U.S. sales were a contributing factor. CFO Toshiaki Okada was paraphrased by Automotive News saying “Subaru was able to keep sales growing in the U.S., the company’s biggest market, despite cooling overall demand by tailoring new products to better match American tastes.”

Wise decision considering how North America account for roughly 70% of Subaru’s global sales, which has increased to 271,300 vehicles. Of that, 189,000 were sold in North America though Canada did not account for a large portion of it with sales sitting at 15,500 vehicles in the last quarter.

Moving forward, Subaru’s global profits have been forecasted to expand 3.8% to 1.1 million vehicles in the current fiscal year. Most likely propped up by U.S. and Canada, both expected to see volume increases of 3% and 2.8% respectively.

·
Administrator
785 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Still @ $18 a share 1 year trend

Too bad did not jump on it when it was down 17% earlier.

Can never have too many winners ll you fellow Bulls out there :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Snow states?

Where I live, Washington state, Subaru's are all over the place. It seems that about 1/4 of all cars on the roads are Subaru's!
It would be interesting to see a chart of the percentage of Subarus registered in each state, along with the number of snow days (or days below freezing).

It would also be interesting to see the percentage of Subarus vs AWD vehicles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It would be interesting to see a chart of the percentage of Subarus registered in each state, along with the number of snow days (or days below freezing).

It would also be interesting to see the percentage of Subarus vs AWD vehicles.

Dean - your car is the same one I'm looking for. How are you liking it? Is yours the 2017 Subaru Impreza 2.0i with the 5MT? Venetian Red Pearl, too, nice. I'm considering the Island Blue Pearl color, which has the black cloth interior. Does yours have the Ivory White Pearl interior? Is it hard to keep it clean - the white interior - for instance, do you have dogs that occasionally ride with you?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Passenger restrictions

Dean - your car is the same one I'm looking for. How are you liking it? Is yours the 2017 Subaru Impreza 2.0i with the 5MT? Venetian Red Pearl, too, nice. I'm considering the Island Blue Pearl color, which has the black cloth interior. Does yours have the Ivory White Pearl interior? Is it hard to keep it clean - the white interior - for instance, do you have dogs that occasionally ride with you?
Now that I adhere to speed limits, I don't mind having a red car.
I won't buy a car with a dark interior -- they get hot in the summer.
Mine does have the off-white interior. I've only had the vehicle for a couple months, so it hasn't gotten much seat traffic.

I do not allow in the vehicle:
  1. Animals (except caged).
  2. People eating food or drinking liquids.
  3. People who want to change radio stations, or play with the Infotainment system while I am driving.
  4. People who aren't sure which sex they are (or where I can't easily tell).
  5. People who may cause the GVW to exceed the GVWR.
  6. People (a real-life case, and a Mensa member, too) who get insulted when you use mapping software after they tell you how to get somewhere, not realizing that you are using the software for the arrival time.
Yes, I'm not married. How did you guess?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is it hard to keep it clean - the white interior - for instance, do you have dogs that occasionally ride with you?

LOL - it's just that my wife and I occasionally travel with our 13 y/o Pomeranian and our 9 y/o Akita Chow. I was testing the waters ta see if you ever allowed dogs in your car and, if so with the Ivory White interior, did they turn the white in to a slightly...non-white look. Like dirty. (!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts