5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Impreza Sport hatch
Harmon K
After having the recall done to my Head unit (Stereo) my head unit began to have numinous issues.
Static when putting car into reverse.
Freezing and continuing to play music.
Playing Pandora and FM at the same time.
Freezing and not playing any music.

I stated to take videos when I would experience these issues.

I wrote to Subaru of America and told them about my issues and sent them the videos. They told me to schedule a appointment with the dealer and that they would follow up with the dealership at the time of the appointment to see if they could confirm the issues.

I scheduled the appointment and showed the head mechanic the videos and the unit. Luckily at this time the Head unit was playing pandora and FM sound at the same time when I pulled into the dealership. I left the car running so they could hear and see this in person. The head mechanic said this is the first time he has seen or heard about these head unit problems.. RIGHT..

At that time a service department front desk guy came out and told us that Subaru of America was on the phone and they recommended that if the mechanic saw any of these problem that they should warranty out the radio which they did..

Unfortunately they are back ordered for 3 weeks. Thats a long back order for a radio that has no problems.......

·
Administrator
785 Posts
I had mine replaced too. It was only a week lead time though. Since then it's worked mostly correct. A few issues every now and then. Most of them are related to Apple CarPlay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I too am waiting for my new head unit only because Apple CarPlay isn't working. Everything else with the unit is working perfectly fine. My Impreza Limited is getting a new one after I showed the tech guy at the dealer today that my Apple CarPlay isn't working at all. He ran through the setup process with me in my car and nothing was happening. We tried other OEM cords and nada. Then he asked me to get into another 2017 Impreza on the lot and plug in my phone, and boom, Apple CarPlay message came up on my screen instantly. New head unit was ordered on the spot! That's kinda amazing to replace the whole thing just for an app failure.

It really just feels like to me, not based at all on scientific evidence, that there's not enough memory RAM in these touch screen computers.

·
Registered
177 Posts
USB jack?

... We tried other OEM cords and nada. Then he asked me to get into another 2017 Impreza on the lot and plug in my phone, and boom, Apple CarPlay message came up on my screen instantly. New head unit was ordered on the spot! That's kinda amazing to replace the whole thing just for an app failure.
I wonder if the problem is the USB jack in the vehicle. Have you tried plugging in a USB stick with music on it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
They replaced my entire head unit as well. They said when they tried to do the most recent software update to fix the CarPlay problems, the whole unit went black and they couldn't bring it back to life... So far so good with the new one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts