5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. So I did a thing. Never thought I would be a Subaru owner. Just got rid of my F150 and moved on from being a FORD guy. I've only had my 2019 Impreza Premium Sedan for about 3 weeks. I absolutely love it. Im not looking back now. Now it's time to put my own flavor on this Impreza. Looking forward to all the cool ideas and DIY's here in this forum. 馃槑馃馃ザ
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
Welcome! My suggestion as always are BEAMTECH 10000LM H11 Low beam upgrade, and a fog light kit using the official relay/switch :)

Reactions: P_FuNk

ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
Welcome! I was big into Ford at one time myself :)

Look at my sig I have a link to mods I've done.

Registered
Welcome to the fun. I鈥檝e had mine about 2 months and started with some Cougar Motor led bulbs and have a LP Aventure lift kit and some beam tech golden yellow fog lamp bulbs coming. Thinking about adding a light bar next spring and some different wheels and tires for some soft trailing. Everyone here has been helpful and nice. Just understand there are no stupid questions and you won鈥檛 know unless you search or ask, yes I鈥檝e asked some questions I felt were stupid.

Reactions: P_FuNk

Registered
Sounds like you are well on your way to become a real Subaphile. Welcome. You should know that the original boxer engine was designed / created by Karl Benz. Yes, that Karl Benz and has been used bay one manufacturer or another, over the last hundred thirty years, establishing their brand as reliable. Alfa Romeo, Bently, BMW, Lancia, Mercedes, Porsche, Subaru, VW. The flat four is naturally harmonically balanced鈥攍ittle to no engine vibration鈥攏o funky monkey motion to try to balance the engine. I've owned Subarus exclusively for the last 32 years. This 5th Gen Impreza with the 2.0 is a blast to drive. Enjoy.

ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
I've looked at these but worry about snow accumulation as I'm from the north. Any issues with this?
That is a valid concern. I've upgraded to the Morimoto 2stroke 3.0, they vent the heatsink air inside the lens. Beamtech and all the others I've seen vent outside the assembly. I haven't been though a snowstorm yet to verify it actually helps but it seem to me like is should. We are supposed to get some snow today. They aren't cheap though. I have them in my high and Low beams but I have a sport and don't need to worry about the DRL flicker issue.

Automotive lighting Circuit component Line Font Engineering

Registered
That is a valid concern. I've upgraded to the Morimoto 2stroke 3.0, they vent the heatsink air inside the lens. Beamtech and all the others I've seen vent outside the assembly. I haven't been though a snowstorm yet to verify it actually helps but it seem to me like is should. We are supposed to get some snow today. They aren't cheap though. I have them in my high and Low beams but I have a sport and don't need to worry about the DRL flicker issue.

View attachment 26954
I've researched those a ton. Really incredible r and d on those! For me, the cost of entry with those are too great since I'll be trading in (about 4 years) my Impreza before it's even paid off. I totally see the value if I was keeping it long term.

Sent from my Impreza using magic.

Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
I've looked at these but worry about snow accumulation as I'm from the north. Any issues with this?
Not had a chance to drive while its snowing yet. I'll try to remember to come back and let you know.

Reactions: Down_The_Hatch
1 - 10 of 10 Posts