5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i got an email from the local subaru dealership and they're having some sort of 'get to know the new impreza' event with giveaways/food/etc. on the 11th. i've been meaning to go in and check one out in person(more than just walking around/sitting in like i already have). anybody have any advice on what kind of questions i should ask the salesperson without appearing to be a jerk(ie. recall issues, etc.:wink2:).
thanks!

·
Administrator
785 Posts
I went to one of these at a local subaru dealership. Ended up walking away with a free set of HK headphones which are nice and expensive.

I went in knowing I wasn't going to buy that day. For obvious reasons they couldn't understand why I would come to their wonderful dealership and not buy the same day. Hm maybe it was because they didn't have the car I wanted, which I had to tell them 3x.

The sales rep spent a lot of time going over everything so for the most part he answered my questions. I had a lot of questions about CVT since I'm not too familiar with it. I wanted to get more information about Eyesight technology since I've heard mixed reviews on it in general. However they seemed to want to dump me pretty quickly so those questions are left unanswered...for now.

Maybe you could find out why the doors don't automatically lock when the car is put in drive.

Have fun and I highly recommend the headphones if they are available!

Reactions: rkh

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll ask about the door lock issue(just to let them know i HAVE done my research). it doesn't surprise me about the dealership just assuming you were there to buy. that's how they make their money and unfortunately many aren't trying to establish a long-term relationship with you- just sell you a car TODAY.

i have a plan, however. i've got to work that evening so i'm intentionally just giving myself a couple hours to ask questions, test drive, and look at what's in stock. if i see anything i'm serious about i'll be coming back at another time.

as we all know, however, even some of the best plans go out the door. wish me luck!

·
Administrator
785 Posts
Good luck! If it goes well you'll leave with a car...maybe haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts