5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I purchased a 2017 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 door m/t about 2 weeks ago, and like you I've had many issues with the infotainment system and carplay (despite the most recent firmware update). So far the responses I've received from both the dealership and Subaru USA have been unacceptable, and in some cases downright dismissive and borderline rude (more Subaru USA than the dealership).

Today, I received a marketing email from Subaru bragging about all of the great new tech features their vehicles come with, and when I clicked the link to their vehicle "multimedia-entertainment" webpage I received a 404 error (see screenshot). It's all too fitting that, with the technical issues myself and many other 2017 Impreza owners have been experiencing, Subaru's own vehicle technology page has problems of it's own.

Given the irony of the situation, this seems like a great opportunity to draw more attention to the problems we've been facing and maybe even get a meaningful response from Subaru. In a culture obsessed with funny memes and #savage social media posts maybe we can even get this to go "viral" (even if only to a VERY minor degree), which might force Subaru to address some problems. I'm asking anyone who's had issues (or wants to) to tweet this screenshot to @subaru_usa, post it to Instagram and tag @subaru_usa, and post it to the Subaru USA Inc Facebook page with a funny message or caption of your choice and the #subaru #impreza #404. The more people who post, the more successful this will be!

NOTE: While I do want to call attention to this issue, I ask that people use their best judgement and discretion when posting this photo and their comments. I realize I'm basically asking people to help me "shame" Subaru into responding, but I'm NOT asking anyone to spread any type of hate or harmful messages. I realize that I probably don't need to explicitly say this, since it seems like people generally conduct handle themselves and discussions with grace and mutual respect on this forum, but this IS the internet...:|

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
I lemon law'd my first 2017 2.0 Sport, and I'm waiting on a replacement. 37,xxx cars were built between the first (1/17 build) and the second (late July/early August build with a SOA projected arrival date of August 14), and I am hoping they have figured a lot out between the two builds.

Subaru heavily damaged their brand with the release of this car before proper R&D, and much of the failure was with the Harmon-Kardon head units.

Frustrating as a 25 year Subaru customer.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Really, you want us to shame the company because of a broken link on their website?
Come on... most of us are very happy with the cars with little or no serious issues.

You should have owned my 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid with all it's new technology.
A flaky radio is nothing compared to not having working seat belts, airbag failures,
leaking transmission, not charging the battery...all because of new model/new
technology. If anybody should be scared of the new Impreza, it's me!

A lot of this took months to get fixed and when I sold the car, reliable seat belts
was still an unfixed issue (problem for more than 6+ months). And Ford did all of nothing
for me on that issue, but told me to wait patiently...all while I had to figure out how
lucky I felt if I got in a crash.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hi All,

I purchased a 2017 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 door m/t about 2 weeks ago, and like you I've had many issues with the infotainment system and carplay (despite the most recent firmware update). So far the responses I've received from both the dealership and Subaru USA have been unacceptable, and in some cases downright dismissive and borderline rude (more Subaru USA than the dealership).

Today, I received a marketing email from Subaru bragging about all of the great new tech features their vehicles come with, and when I clicked the link to their vehicle "multimedia-entertainment" webpage I received a 404 error (see screenshot). It's all too fitting that, with the technical issues myself and many other 2017 Impreza owners have been experiencing, Subaru's own vehicle technology page has problems of it's own.

Given the irony of the situation, this seems like a great opportunity to draw more attention to the problems we've been facing and maybe even get a meaningful response from Subaru. In a culture obsessed with funny memes and #savage social media posts maybe we can even get this to go "viral" (even if only to a VERY minor degree), which might force Subaru to address some problems. I'm asking anyone who's had issues (or wants to) to tweet this screenshot to @subaru_usa, post it to Instagram and tag @subaru_usa, and post it to the Subaru USA Inc Facebook page with a funny message or caption of your choice and the #subaru #impreza #404. The more people who post, the more successful this will be!

NOTE: While I do want to call attention to this issue, I ask that people use their best judgement and discretion when posting this photo and their comments. I realize I'm basically asking people to help me "shame" Subaru into responding, but I'm NOT asking anyone to spread any type of hate or harmful messages. I realize that I probably don't need to explicitly say this, since it seems like people generally conduct handle themselves and discussions with grace and mutual respect on this forum, but this IS the internet...:|
In regards to the issues you have experienced with the vehicle itself, you should find some solutions to these issues on this forum. From my personal experience, I've had some minor issues but this is an amazing vehicle. I just past the 13K mile mark. I have worked with my Subaru dealer on these issues. This vehicle is based on a whole new platform so there's bound to be some issues. Regarding the broken link or tweeting Subaru, I have thought about tweeting Subaru on the issues I have faced, but decided not to. In my opinion this will create unnecessary drama. If you wish to tweet them yourself, your more than welcome to, but please don't encourage forum members on here to do the same.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I tend to agree with the OP
My 2017 Impreza Premium is less then acceptable.

Very poor mileage 17-20 combimed
Transmissions random bucking
Now the info went on the blink.

I started the lemon law process also

If they send out an email the links should work. Remember sometimes the email can strip out part of the url but they should know that

I have 800 miles

·
Registered
369 Posts
I tend to agree with the OP
My 2017 Impreza Premium is less then acceptable.

Very poor mileage 17-20 combimed
You're obviously driving aggressively. MPG ratings are averages based on reasonable type driving.
If you're flooring the gas at every green in city driving, you will get poor mileage.

I'm averaging 25-26 city/38-40 hwy in my 17 Impreza Premium. Easy Peasy Japaneasy.
I don't drive like a nut and I try to ease up towards traffic lights in the hope of not having to come to complete stops.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You're obviously driving aggressively. MPG ratings are averages based on reasonable type driving.
If you're flooring the gas at every green in city driving, you will get poor mileage.

I'm averaging 25-26 city/38-40 hwy in my 17 Impreza Premium. Easy Peasy Japaneasy.
I don't drive like a nut and I try to ease up towards traffic lights in the hope of not having to come to complete stops.
Actually I drive very slow on the street. I been trying to squeeze as much mileage as I can, find doing that quite rewarding.

I do all my fast stuff on the track

:)

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts