5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking on here for a couple of months now and I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your advice, reports, recommendations, warnings and venting. They have ALL been really helpful.

I purchased a 2017 Island Blue Pearl Impreza Sport CVT, no sunroof, no special fog lights. This is my first Subaru. I drove Nissan Versas and Versa Note prior to this. Reason was that I fit well in it (6'3") and they were good on gas. I have always wanted a Subaru but thought they were too expensive. Got a great deal on Staten Island. I always wanted a Forrester, but it just seemed like too much car for just me and my wife. I test drove the Impreza and loved it.

I look forward to joining the conversations!

Attachments

·
Administrator
785 Posts
Congrats! Island Blue Pearl is a really nice color! I hope you enjoy the car as much as I and hopefully everyone else does too. You might run into a few quirks, but don't be afraid to ask questions and visit your dealership for any issues. Happy driving!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I paid $24,000 for the 5 door 2.0i Sport/HLF with Stabdard Option 21: Remote Engine Starter, Floor Mats and Auto Dimming Compass mirror. I wasn't into the sunroof thing and fancy headlights. Many of the other packages brought the price up too much. The Staten Island dealer was trying to unload many Forresters that they had on inventory but I was more happy with the Impreza. Thanks for responding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1.99% finance, lowest I could get in Australia was 5.40% and thats pretty low already, generally it hovers closer to 9-10% unless its a runout model over here!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Subaru dealerships have been pushing Foresters and Outbacks more aggressively than Impreza. Even financing seems to point to that -- Foresters and Outbacks often come with 0% financing and Imprezas come with 1.99% or like. Margins must be higher with those two cars.
As a general rule I would believe the margins would be higher on higher cost vehicles. I don't know what the normal financing offers are, but Subaru is currently offering 0% on all vehicles financed for 36mo or less. I purchased my new Impreza this week as well (also an Island Blue Sport 5 door ironically) and this came as a nice surprise.

To the OP. Nice choice! :grin2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You see, It's discussions like this that make me so happy to be part of and to have you all in this forum. Anyone reading this could learn SO much about the potential car they want to buy. I know that might deserve a "No-Duh, of course" response, but I am a bit of a luddite (no Facebook account, iPhone 5 and no other social media interactions, but I DO text and email all the time...and now belong to this forum). I am slowly breaking out of my shell and I can thank many of you for perhaps "converting" me, based on the font of information on this site. I my brother the other day that I may get a Facebook account and his response was "Welcome to 2011...it's about time!" LOL.

Nice purchase, Stoby9. Pictured below is my Subaru Badge of ownership.

·
Administrator
785 Posts
I'm 6'8" and fit with a few inches of clearance, with the sunroof. Not an issue at all.
Whoa! I'm 6'4" and thought I would have an issue with the height. I obviously don't, but I'm glad other people who are taller than me are enjoying the Impreza. There really is a lot of room in them.

Reactions: NoData

·
Registered
68 Posts
Any discussion of height really should include some breakdown of configuration. For example, I'm 6'4". My daughter is 5'9". We wear the same length pants, i.e., the same length legs. She's long-legged, I'm long-torsoed.
She was planning not to get sunroof in her 2015 Impreza but happily discovered that it left plenty of height room for her. It also did for me. Our 2017 doesn't have sunroof as it wasn't something the wife wanted and I didn't care but found that the sunroof was not an interference for me while test driving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts