5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the topic of after market light bulbs has come up here and there in several threads. Thought it would be easier to have one thread about the topic. I apologize if there is one and I didn't find it. If that is so could a mod please delete this?

So, after market bulbs for the 2017 Impreza.

I like the looks of the blue lights, they look bright as heck when they are coming towards me at night. I would like a pair of those, question; are they really brighter than the stock bulbs? If so can someone please recommend a set for me? Headlights not high beams. :)

Installation; in some of my past Subies putting in light bulbs was a pain in the rear! With my old Forester I had to take off part of the air intake. How hard is it with our cars?

It would be great in this thread if people posted links where the bulbs they are talking about can be bought. :)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Gru said it best.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased headlights OLM headlights from SubiSpeed. They are 5500K headlights, so they won't have that "blue" look that you're after, but I like the way they look and they don't cause much glare for oncoming traffic. They are brighter than stock headlights so they help with seeing the road etc.

In regards to the installation of headlights in our cars, you will have to remove part of the air intake to access the bulb. It is not too difficult as it is only two screws.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I purchased headlights OLM headlights from SubiSpeed. They are 5500K headlights, so they won't have that "blue" look that you're after, but I like the way they look and they don't cause much glare for oncoming traffic. They are brighter than stock headlights so they help with seeing the road etc.

In regards to the installation of headlights in our cars, you will have to remove part of the air intake to access the bulb. It is not too difficult as it is only two screws.
can you post a pic of what they look like at night please? Also how difficult was the install? Plug and play?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts