5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is interested, The Motor Report got to give the new 2017 Subaru impreza Sport and Sport Premium. New Subaru Impreza REVIEW | 2017 Sport and Sport Premium Preview Drive

The interior is better looking than what I expected, especially with the premium trim since it comes with leather seats and I like the second screen on top of the center infotainment screen for displaying car information. Gives it that sporty feeling and reminds me of old race cars for some reason.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Wow, that looks a heck of a lot bigger than I thought it was in other pictures. The interior looks a bit more sophisticated in this pictures I think.. for lack of a better word of course.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The interior is definitely a step up of what they've been offering since.. well forever lol. Especially that split display, really like it. I personally don't care for navigation considering I always use my phone maps and a vent mount. But it is nice to have to look at for the heck of it ahah

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Odd that they still have a CD player in the center console. Other manufacturers have been phasing them out and I can't remember the last time I touched a CD.

·
Registered
229 Posts
You know it could just be a parts bin thing, throwing it away wont do any good, but including it during a time that some people still use CD's is smart because the longer you hold onto it, the worst it will get, more people will ask WTF

·
Registered
308 Posts
Get rid of the stock while you can still "make money on it" although people don't think that they're paying for every nut and bolt. Obviously we are thus CD players get stuck in there until they don't really have any left. So I can imagine in the near future, that'll pretty much be it and everything will go to bluetooth and micro-sd cards

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think getting rid of the CD player is like Apple getting rid of the headphone jack. It's a great idea.. just not at this current moment.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think getting rid of the CD player is like Apple getting rid of the headphone jack. It's a great idea.. just not at this current moment.
If your someone that's slow to adjust to the changing times then it's perfect for you. But anyone that has been keeping up with technology advancements, now we have this computer-like thing called a smartphone, average storage on them amounts to more CD's than the average person can think of carrying around. So during this age, CD's are very inefficient. It's like trying to climb a fence, getting over to the other side and realizing this whole time a door was open and just 40 feet away from you...

·
Registered
119 Posts
So far, I've only heard of 1 person complain about the lack of a cd player in the newer models and that's for another car. And yea...they were of the older generation that still has a case full of CDs but they bought the new car without a player anyways. Some things are just going to get phased out and Subaru is probably going to do it in the future, just not with the Impreza.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anyone notice a small knob on the driver side door? Usually son't see something like that there so I'm curious to know what it does.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First time I'm seeing a knob, usually it's just four buttons for the side mirrors. There's going to be a steep learning curve for me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
At least the venter console buttons doesn't look overly complicated, simplistic and minimal is the way to go if possible.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like how accessible the oil filter is from the engine bay, that means we can change the oil ourselves.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts