Registered
369 Posts
My other car is 23yrs old not a mark on it
7months later Scooby is showing wear
This is the passenger side
No one has been rubbing it
Just to let you know
Subaru is replacing it
Obviously, something has been rubbing against it, i.e., your arm.

That wear wouldn't just appear out of nowhere.

With that said, it is a little disconcerting that the outer layer would peel like that.

I had Subaru replace that same piece in my '17 Impreza because they caused a little tear in the plastic/vinyl.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Obviously, something has been rubbing against it, i.e., your arm.

That wear wouldn't just appear out of nowhere.

With that said, it is a little disconcerting that the outer layer would peel like that.

I had Subaru replace that same piece in my '17 Impreza because they caused a little tear in the plastic/vinyl.
I know I put no rubbing was done
When I took the upper part of the armrest off and showed it to manager he rubbed the side making it worst
We just rest our arm on the so called armrest
It just goes to show how cheaply the interior is made

·
Registered
369 Posts
I know I put no rubbing was done
When I took the upper part of the armrest off and showed it to manager he rubbed the side making it worst
We just rest our arm on the so called armrest
It just goes to show how cheaply the interior is made
Agreed that the interior is somewhat cheap.
When you have a vehicle basing at $19k, they're going to make compromises.
In general, the interior is adequate. I have the premium with cloth. It's serviceable, just like the 152 HP CVT.
The impreza will not win awards in the performance or luxury department, but that's not why I purchased the car.

·
Registered
778 Posts
is it actually flaking the vinyl off the armrest? the reason i ask is in our tint shop we see this type of thing ALL the time on door panels and armrests when we tint a car. but it is actually dead skin that has built up from laying their arm on the door panel or armrest. it looks exactly like the pic you posted. glad Subaru is replacing it for ya though. the armrest on our 2017 Sport Impreza is actually just as clean as when we bought the car. And it now has almost 12,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed that the interior is somewhat cheap.
When you have a vehicle basing at $19k, they're going to make compromises.
In general, the interior is adequate. I have the premium with cloth. It's serviceable, just like the 152 HP CVT.
The impreza will not win awards in the performance or luxury department, but that's not why I purchased the car.
This is the premium Canadian 5 dr Hatchback with weather pkg which cost a lot more than $19k
Did not expect it to look like that after 7mths of hardly ever using the armrest

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is it actually flaking the vinyl off the armrest? the reason i ask is in our tint shop we see this type of thing ALL the time on door panels and armrests when we tint a car. but it is actually dead skin that has built up from laying their arm on the door panel or armrest. it looks exactly like the pic you posted. glad Subaru is replacing it for ya though. the armrest on our 2017 Sport Impreza is actually just as clean as when we bought the car. And it now has almost 12,000 miles on it.
No it's not dead skin
I would say it's not a good quality vinyl
From the time the manager saw the armrest a pic was taken and a part is on it's way

·
Registered
778 Posts
No it's not dead skin
I would say it's not a good quality vinyl
From the time the manager saw the armrest a pic was taken and a part is on it's way
Glad they are gonna fix it

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm having the same issue. Good to know they're replacing it. But I wonder how long until it does it again.

I'll have them take a look at it next time I'm in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts