5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home from my brother's on Christmas night, I was smashed into from behind. Then the guy took off. Luckily, I found a piece of his bumper with his VIN number on it (I couldn't believe it). Anyways... This is what he did... :frown2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,683 Posts
Glad you are ok, hope they find the guy and hope the insurance company totals out your car so that you can get a new one. From crashes like that the repairs never quite get the car back to new. They always seem to have something odd or wrong with them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They got the guy, the entire VIN was sitting there waiting for me lol. I would almost rather them total it too. But I doubt they will.

·
Super Moderator
1,683 Posts
They got the guy, the entire VIN was sitting there waiting for me lol. I would almost rather them total it too. But I doubt they will.
What kind of piece of filth rams into someone and then takes off?

Hope he/she gets reamed by the law.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Glad that you guys are okay and they caught the guy. Did your airbags deploy? If they did they will usually total the car out. (Hubby is a tow truck diver, so we have learned a lot about how insurance works).

·
Super Moderator
745 Posts
What kind of piece of filth rams into someone and then takes off?

Hope he/she gets reamed by the law.
Last year on Christmas someone hit my brothers WRX while he was at a family party. After the party he came out and saw that someone plowed into the back of it. The guy who hit his car left a note with his phone number. Turns out the guy was leaving from a party across the street and ended up hitting his car. The guy who owned the house was a cop. Needless to say it was taken care of swiftly and he ended up getting the car fixed.

This is why people cannot have nice things!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I feel your pain, back in August somebody scraped my rear passenger door. It was either at Lowe’s or my cat’s vet. Didn’t see it till the next morning. Paid out of pocket, $800 to get it fixed. So lucky you have the VIN, hopefully you’ll get fully compensated.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Your car is likely totaled.
I've seen less severely damaged '17 Imprezas on Copart.com with salvage titles from insurance companies.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Doesn't look like near enough damage to be totaled unless the frame is damaged...then they would probably total it. New cars with low milage are rarely totaled.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Doesn't look like near enough damage to be totaled unless the frame is damaged...then they would probably total it. New cars with low milage are rarely totaled.
Yah I highly doubt it.

I told them I want all 4 tires replaced too, what are the odds I get that? :|

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sadly I do not think that 11k will be enough to total it out.

As for the 4 tires, that may be a valid case. The AWD system that Subaru is known for does not like different tread wear
No they are repairing it. Oh well, hopefully they do a good job.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts