5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow can't believe that $11k worth of damage wasn't seen as write off worthy, but they did an incredible job with the repair. At least you know that the accident didn't cause any structural damage to the frame. Do you know what happened with the guy who took off?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
LOL well you could fix that :D

A coworker has a premium, I'm not a huge fan of them myself. I'm OK with the Sport wheels on mine, but if I were buying wheels they're not what I'd get.
I’d like to get new rims and throw snow tires on the stocks. Maybe one day.

Wow can't believe that $11k worth of damage wasn't seen as write off worthy, but they did an incredible job with the repair. At least you know that the accident didn't cause any structural damage to the frame. Do you know what happened with the guy who took off?
He’ll probably get a slap on the wrist... they are paying more than 11k too, had a rental for over 2 months!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Wow can't believe that $11k worth of damage wasn't seen as write off worthy, but they did an incredible job with the repair.
If the repair is less than the book value of the car, most insurance companies would rather repair the car as it saves them money. Being that this car is relatively new, and the value far exceeds $11K, it makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
295 Posts
If the repair is less than the book value of the car, most insurance companies would rather repair the car as it saves them money. Being that this car is relatively new, and the value far exceeds $11K, it makes perfect sense.
What security guy said. I think that it has to be more than like 60% or 70% of book value before they will total it out

·
Registered
202 Posts
I am glad to hear you are okay, bc that looks like significant rear damage. Have you noticed anything different with the car since the repair?

My friend had the unfortunate experience of having his brand new Mazda3 hatch hit from behind by a 4Runner...on the way home from the dealership, d'oh! They repaired it as well, not replaced, and it was similar damage to yours, plus his hatch glass was shattered.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts