5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Missus and I are wanting to apply a patch of 3M Scotchguard film to the rear spoiler just above the center mounted brake light.

To do the job thoroughly, I'd like to to wrap it just underneath and tuck it above the brake light. This would require its removal.

In the bulb section, the manual lists this as one of those "take it to the dealer" repair jobs.

I didn't see any obvious way to remove it from the outside.

Any pointers?

·
Registered
730 Posts
The Missus and I are wanting to apply a patch of 3M Scotchguard film to the rear spoiler just above the center mounted brake light.

To do the job thoroughly, I'd like to to wrap it just underneath and tuck it above the brake light. This would require its removal.

The manual lists this as one of those "take it to the dealer" repair jobs.

I didn't see any obvious way to remove it from the outside.

Any pointers?
In my opinion, the top spoiler would need to removed first. You would need to remove the liftgate top interior trim panels using plastic pry tools, to access the screw/nuts. Possibly some clips holding the spoiler on also. Third brake light is most likely held on by 8mm nuts. Hope this helps. Take some pics & add for future reference.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my opinion, the top spoiler would need to removed first. You would need to remove the liftgate top interior trim panels using plastic pry tools, to access the screw/nuts. Possibly some clips holding the spoiler on also. Third brake light is most likely held on by 8mm nuts. Hope this helps. Take some pics & add for future reference.
That's a little more than I care to do. LOL. Thanks, though.

I'll cut carefully and try to place the seam at the edge, instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts