5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a 2020 Impreza hatchback base, with 205/55/16 Steelies on it and someone I know wants to trade me their 215/55/17 rims and tires. How do I find out if they will fit? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2018 Sport Hatch 5-Speed Manual
178 Posts
Just find out the specs of the wheel to see if it matches. Lug pattern and wheel offset. Overall diameter is bigger on the new set, it will throw it off a few mph.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just find out the specs of the wheel to see if it matches. Lug pattern and wheel offset. Overall diameter is a little bigger on the new set, but not by a lot and shouldn't affect the speedo enough to notice.
The wheels and tires are off of a 2021 crosstrek so the bolt pattern is the same, not sure about the offset

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Premium Hatch CVT
210 Posts
215/55/17 isn't a factory size for the Crosstrek. Is it aftermarket wheels? I'd say don't do it.
@chowser51 what website is that tire calculator from?I like the visualization of that one better than the one I've been using.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Impreza cvt base sedan w//ES
150 Posts
Yeah, I use it all the time when I'm trying to increase tire width without increasing wheel diameter on my Subarus and BMWs with all wheel drive. Trying to keep it within 1%. lol
It also helps when I downsize or upsize.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Premium Hatch CVT
210 Posts
Thanks dude. I used a different calculator for years when I did tire swaps on all my Jeeps but I like this one more better-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts