5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
98k Miles on my 2017 Sport Model. Today the tire pressures stop displaying on the dashboard information screen between the Tach and Speed - really odd, but the TP display is the only one I ever use. A simple restart while getting gas didn't fix the issue. Anyone ever deal with this before?

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
402 Posts
I had them turn off once when I was leaving the mountains. Then they turned back on. Took it to the dealer for other work, they noted the defect and didn't do anything else.

·
Registered
165 Posts
98k Miles on my 2017 Sport Model. Today the tire pressures stop displaying on the dashboard information screen between the Tach and Speed - really odd, but the TP display is the only one I ever use. A simple restart while getting gas didn't fix the issue. Anyone ever deal with this before?
Sensors probably ran out of battery?

·
Registered
'21 Sport Hatch CVT Ocean Blue Pearl
93 Posts
If it's like when it happened to me, you just need to drive around for a bit and eventually it will kick back on.

This was at like <2000 miles on my vehicle. Seems like there must be some sort of data connection glitch that confuses the system that can happen.

Took maybe 25 miles of driving until it solved itself for me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This brings up two questions that I have been pondering about pls…. If I may join in

1) I too just leave the tire pressure screen on all the time while driving ( I don’t know why - I think I like the dynamic nature of the information ) …that was an aside - So if the screen is on - does that mean it is using more battery on the tire pressure sensors as it is forcing a refresh of the information every so many seconds or minutes - if the screen is switched does it stop pinging or corresponding or at least decrease the amount or times of updates from the sensors - ie so the batteries won’t run out as fast ?

2) Why do these new original tires produce so much heat to have these wild fluctuations of tire pressure - it’s not unsafe what so ever .., but to go from 32 to 36/37 is substantial ??? Or is it that now I am driving a car that is not 30 years old and I just have the information all the time instead of only the morning read outs on my tire pressure gauge ?

Insight would be appreciated

Impreza sport ( only in name ) 2017 5MT

·
Registered
474 Posts
If it were the batteries in the individual tires, I would assume that they wouldn't ALL go out at once.

BTW, as to why the pressure fluctuates so much; I have the stock wheels and tires AND a set of old Outback aluminum 16" rims with my snows on them. The pressure fluctuates so much more with the 18" rims than with the 16" rims. It might be the wheel that is to blame, but I suspect that it's just because the low-profile tires hold so much less air.

BTW, a setting tool will tell you if the sensors are still working. I'm betting that it's a problem with the car, not the wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts