5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the 2 recalls, the infotainment system and rear view camera. even though ours has never had either of the issues like some have, it was good to go ahead and get them knocked out. i am truly amazed at our dealership though. my appointment was for 11:30am so i just dropped it off on my way to work. they called me about 10:00am and said our car was done and we could come get it anytime. when i go to pick it up they are so nice, like always and even asked did i want a free detail. since it is "stormy" here for a few days i declined but they said when it's sunny to run it by and they would hook it up for me. this is truly the best service dept i have ever encountered, and we have owned over 27 new vehicles since 2001. we like to buy/trade cars, lol. but i think we are Subaru customers for life now! when our daughter takes my Crosstrek in a year we are already planning our next purchase...a brand new WRX! woohoo! anyway, just want to give Flow Subaru in Winston Salem, NC a shout out! keep up the good work!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
for the 2 recalls, the infotainment system and rear view camera. even though ours has never had either of the issues like some have, it was good to go ahead and get them knocked out. i am truly amazed at our dealership though. my appointment was for 11:30am so i just dropped it off on my way to work. they called me about 10:00am and said our car was done and we could come get it anytime. when i go to pick it up they are so nice, like always and even asked did i want a free detail. since it is "stormy" here for a few days i declined but they said when it's sunny to run it by and they would hook it up for me. this is truly the best service dept i have ever encountered, and we have owned over 27 new vehicles since 2001. we like to buy/trade cars, lol. but i think we are Subaru customers for life now! when our daughter takes my Crosstrek in a year we are already planning our next purchase...a brand new WRX! woohoo! anyway, just want to give Flow Subaru in Winston Salem, NC a shout out! keep up the good work!!
That's a shocker & glad you didn't have any issues. I thought I had made an appointment with Metrowest Subaru service department (Mike) in Natick, MA recently, but when I called today to change the time, they gave me the run around. No appointment was ever made for me. I couldn't get a hold of the person I spoke with. Every time I called they transferred me to someone's voicemail. Left a message. No call back. Terrible service.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a shocker & glad you didn't have any issues. I thought I had made an appointment with Metrowest Subaru service department (Mike) in Natick, MA recently, but when I called today to change the time, they gave me the run around. No appointment was ever made for me. I couldn't get a hold of the person I spoke with. Every time I called they transferred me to someone's voicemail. Left a message. No call back. Terrible service.
sorry to hear about your bad experience. unfortunately that happens in the auto industry. i have dealt with many different dealerships over the past 27 years and had similar experiences myself. I'm just happy Flow Subaru is not like that. it also may help that our tint shop does the tint for the Flow dealerships in town, but i always treat people the way i want to be treated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Glad your dealer is a very good one SportHatch. There are many excellent ones, many poor ones. We as consumers need to "interview" our dealerships, and pick the best one (obvious exception if one lives in eastern Montana or equivalent). Many interview dealerships before they head out to buy a new car, but few interview dealership service departments. That latter is critical!

Before I research/selected my excellent Chevy dealer, I went to the closest one 4 miles away. Fired them (and then they later went out of business anyway). Went to the next closest one which is 20 miles away. Fired them. Now I drive 38 miles each way to an outstanding dealership. They care. For example, only their Techs drive your vehicle into and out of the service bay, and nice surprise, only their Techs do all the work on your car -- even all oil and filter jobs.

Last year before getting my WRX, I intereveiwed three service managers at Subaru dealerships. One was a failure, the other "okay" and the third one is terrific. They work with me, try to find ways to help me. They go out of their way to provide excellent service.

So just as we do no necesssarily go to the closest restaurant, or go to to the closest place to get our hair cut, we need to be selective and find a great Subaru dealership. LIke SportHatch, while it took work on my part, I have found an excellent Subie dealership.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have looked on yelp, but mostly all anybody wants to talk about is the particular salesperson they had or whether or not there were cookies in the waiting area. it would be nice if people started talking about the service experiences like you mentioned. maybe if more people started doing this the dealerships would take notice and bump-up their games!

·
Administrator
785 Posts
For the most part in my area of SE Pennsylvania most reviews on dealerships are mixed in regards to service. I would say 80% are happy with the dealership, but service is always 50/50. I would rather have a great service dealership than a great dealership.

@RoadTrip, just curious how did you go about interviewing your service managers?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Owned over 27 cars new ?! I thought I got bored quickly but you guys redefine that haha that's cool as heck!!

Glad that you've been able to find a reliable dealership that treats you so well, it's really hard to come by these days... at least in my area.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Owned over 27 cars new ?! I thought I got bored quickly but you guys redefine that haha that's cool as heck!!

Glad that you've been able to find a reliable dealership that treats you so well, it's really hard to come by these days... at least in my area.
haha, yeah and like i said, thats just the "new" cars. that doesn't count the used cars we have bought. my wife and i have been together almost 16 years and we have owned over 35 different vehicles in that time frame. when i think of all the money vehicles have cost us over the years i cringe a little but then again, we enjoyed every minute of it so i wouldn't change it. we have slowed down recently because our daughter has gotten into racing bikes, BMX and Mountain bikes so most of our focus goes to that instead of cars now. and she will be going to college in a couple years. so gotta have some funds for that.

but yeah, our dealership is AWESOME! even the detail guys there are great. and our finance lady that did our deals is actually an old friend from another dealership we bought a car from years ago. just an all out great dealership!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts