5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy am I pi**ed. While parking yesterday evening to go biking in Boston, I got too close to the curb & ended up tearing my right front alloy wheel

I'm blaming the chick I was looking at in the rear view mirror, she totally distracted me with her short shorts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
745 Posts
Well look at it this way. Now you have an excuse to get some nice aftermarket rims. You could use these for your winter wheels and buy nice ones for your spring/summer/fall wheels.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I did something similar several years ago when I bought our Volvo. I didn't have a lot of experience with low profile tires and scuffed up a rim on a sidewalk while parallel parking.

Although I didn't entirely remove the ugly spot, I was able to use some JB Weld to fill in the scratches and then sand smooth. Conveniently, Volvo offers rim paint and clear coat. I was able to paint the old scuff to match the rest of the wheel. Unless you within 5 feet and staring at the spot you'd never know it was there.

I'm sure that if you search around you can find paint that would be close, if not exact.

Even if you don't completely eliminate the bruise, at least you have winter wheels that look better than they do now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me 2 weeks after I got it. Still need to get used to having low pros instead of pickup truck tires.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i got pretty bad curb rash the second day I got the car, I wasn't used to the turn radius yet and clipped a curb while turning...
the curb rash was so bad that it even chunked a bit of the rubber as well :(
i feel your pain

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well look at it this way. Now you have an excuse to get some nice aftermarket rims. You could use these for your winter wheels and buy nice ones for your spring/summer/fall wheels.
Exactly what I was going to say lol. Sorry 1stsubie that is a rough one :/

dedicated wheels to be used in, guess what, in the winter!
I'm fairly sure he was joking :p

·
Super Moderator
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking about it, but got a quote from tirerack for rims with winter tires it was over $1k so not something I'm gonna do anytime soon unfortunately.

·
Super Moderator
745 Posts
You might be able to find Sport wheels on eBay. I saw someone on there selling them when they bought aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I feel your pain 1stSubie. I'm not having a good week either. Curbed my wheel trying to park too close on Thursday and it tore a chunk out of my front tire sidewall. Deep enough that I wasn't comfortable driving on it and needed to buy new tires. Luckily my mileage is low enough that the rear tread depth is within 2/32nds of new pair, so tire shop said I wouldn't need to get 4.

Of course, tires finally came in today and I was loading the damaged tire in the car and dropped it on its face, leaving a giant scratch! Not the best week for me. :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts