5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

Totaled Impreza Sport - Before & After

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  generaltso 
#1 ·
Here are some before and after pics of the 2017 Impreza Sport 5MT that I just acquired. From what I can tell, it was bought new in Connecticut in 2017 and sandwiched between two cars in early 2019 with only 17k miles on it. The insurance company estimated over $15k in repairs, so they totaled it and sent it off to auction. A body shop in Massachusetts purchased it at auction for $3100, fixed everything, had it certified rebuilt by MA DOT, and sold it to me for $12k. I don't know what they actually spent to repair it, but they were obviously able to do it for a lot less than $15k.

I drove down to Mass from Vermont last week and picked it up. I can't believe how brand new the car looks, inside and out. There's not a speck of wear on any of the seats or even the floor mats. The repairs were top notch, and whoever detailed it afterwards was at the top of their game. The car drives like a dream.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.