5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I almost pulled the trigger on trading my Impreza..

Dealer was offering me $24,000 for my 2020 Imp sport.

I was going to trad in for a used 2015 STI... I was slow close but could not due it because of the year.. almost a 7 year old car for a new car not sure I could of but the kid inside me wanted to sooo bad..

Thought I'd share this and show you guys how much Subaru wants cars back bad... and how my 2020 is worth 24k to them. They even asked if I would sale it out right. Still love my Imp so could not let her go just yet.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well I almost pulled the trigger on trading my Impreza..

Dealer was offering me $24,000 for my 2020 Imp sport.

I was going to trad in for a used 2015 STI... I was slow close but could not due it because of the year.. almost a 7 year old car for a new car not sure I could of but the kid inside me wanted to sooo bad..

Thought I'd share this and show you guys how much Subaru wants cars back bad... and how my 2020 is worth 24k to them. They even asked if I would sale it out right. Still love my Imp so could not let her go just yet.
Everyone wants cars to sell, not just Subaru. Depending on the demand for your vehicle, some people are getting more than they paid for it.
I'm tempted, but our is the last year of the manual Sedan, so I won't let it go.

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
454 Posts
craigslist ad costs 5 bucks and takes 20 minutes and you will get a few thousand more than the trade in price 🙄

Reactions: THCue

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,340 Posts
I was at my local dealer last night dropping off my Impreza for the Fuel Pump Recall. It's small dealership that usually has full lots but even then there aren't more than maybe 100 or so max. There were maybe 20 or so cars there tonight. It's sad to see so few cars for sale. Mostly Outbacks from what I could see. I want to replace the wife's outback, 2013 w/ 125K miles but I'm going to have to wait until there is this whole chip thing is over. I want to give the car to my youngest to replace his 2010 Forester with 220K miles so it's not a trade in.

My Impreza has pretty low mileage at 13K so it's still pretty new and while not super fast or powerful, I'm still happy with it. I'm not sure what I'd replace it with other than maybe a Crosstrek? I really don't need the ground clearance though and like the better handling.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very true Peaty, And like I said am still loving my IMP as well it would take a lot for me to sale or trade it away. It's a great car and after all this It just made me want to love it even more.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Premium Hatch CVT
250 Posts
I'm still making payments on my 2019, but the offer my dealership made is pretty good. Too bad there's nothing on the lot that I would replace it with because of all the shortages.

The bad part about my Impreza is that I already have 64k miles and now have some body damage to repair from a small incident.

I've always liked/wanted a WRX or STI but hesitant because I know the type of punks that destroy them so I would never buy one used lol

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,340 Posts
Sky Car Wheel Land vehicle Cloud

Not a lot of cars to choose from. This is the lot from my local dealer when I went to get my car yesterday.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Premium Hatch CVT
250 Posts
No a lot of cars to choose from.
My dealership looks the same. Mostly older trade-ins and not much new. If I were to do what I want, I'd probably go with a CrossTrek with the 2.5 for the ground clearance and the power. Very happy with my Impreza though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts