5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Impreza Limited
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by a subaru tuner who said he could dyno tune my car. However, when he tried connecting to my ECU, it did not want to connect. I thought our cars were tunable via subaruedit. I want to confirm and try to connect myself, but I don't want to waste $150 on software that doesn't work with my car.

My ECU part number is 22765am28b. I don't know where subaruedit is getting these supported ECU numbers from cause it looks nothing like mine. Does anyone know where to find the correct number to see if it's compatible with subaruedit?

·
Registered
944 Posts
I bought the subaruEdit software and then epifan gave me an unlocked version of the EPROM that I can edit.

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
196 Posts
Yep, it works in our cars. I used SubaruEdit Personal and a Tactrix Openport 2.0 (Genuine) to tune out the rev hang and improve the CL->OL as well as lower the high idle on startup and a few other minor things.

·
Registered
2018 Impreza Limited
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And that's everything I've been told. The software developer confirmed to me today via email that it works. Idk why my tuner couldn't connect to it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also want to buy the tuner but do you guys know how to use it and how to tune it? I need help on eliminating the rev hang and maybe get a pop tune just to play around with. If any of you guys know how to tune, please help. Thank you

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
196 Posts
Going to be honest here - don't just mess around, or you might turn your nice car into a brick. I'd recommend doing a lot of reading and research first, and make sure you know what you are changing affects and WHY it affects it before you do so.

Eliminating rev-hang is fairly harmless assuming you do it correctly. I'd be willing to post my overrun tables that I've been using for about 8 months for that.

If you want a professional tune, contact Rallisport. I think he is still doing em.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Going to be honest here - don't just mess around, or you might turn your nice car into a brick. I'd recommend doing a lot of reading and research first, and make sure you know what you are changing affects and WHY it affects it before you do so.

Eliminating rev-hang is fairly harmless assuming you do it correctly. I'd be willing to post my overrun tables that I've been using for about 8 months for that.

If you want a professional tune, contact Rallisport. I think he is still doing em.
yeah for sure, if you don’t mind, post it. I’d like to learn how to do it myself. Based on 1-10 how hard is it? Is it that complicated?

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
196 Posts
I will try to remember to post tonight when I get home.

Well, it depends on how much you know. It's a steep learning curve, people study for years to do this, and again, one wrong move and you destroy your engine. So I'd really not recommend getting into it without a proper trainer.

·
Registered
2018 Impreza Limited
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone who has purchased subaruedit: How did you get your key for the software activation? I didn't get an email with the information, and I don't see it anywhere. Just a purchase reciept.

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
196 Posts
@evoheyax
You need to email him to get your keys, and follow the process. It requires a few back and forth. Make sure to follow exactly the steps he says, including if he sends you an updated subaruedit installer, or it may not work properly.

Reactions: evoheyax

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
196 Posts
That is my table for overrun. I've been happy with this table, haven't needed to change it in 8 months. You can apply it to A B and C overrun tables to try it out.
Use at your own risk. I am not a professional and make no guarantees.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That is my table for overrun. I've been happy with this table, haven't needed to change it in 8 months. You can apply it to A B and C overrun tables to try it out.
Use at your own risk. I am not a professional and make no guarantees.
Sorry but what does overrun mean? And what’s the A, B, and C? And what table is this for? Rev hang delete? Sorry I’m just new to this. Thanks

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
196 Posts
Desired Overrun Mass Air Flow A, B, C are the names of the tables in the ECU for decel conditions which if adjusted, can increase/decrease the "rev hang". The screenshot shows my values.
Please do some research because modifying this stuff without understanding it can be cause damage to your Subaru.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts