5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, all! I've been searching for about a week and am having trouble finding tuning options for the 2017 Impreza Sport NA - I'm not looking to make huge power, but I would like some added getup and better throttle response. What are the best options? Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
hey, all! I've been searching for about a week and am having trouble finding tuning options for the 2017 Impreza Sport NA - I'm not looking to make huge power, but I would like some added getup and better throttle response. What are the best options? Thanks!
RalliSport used to be the guy to go to to tune the FB engines but for a few months now he has been nearly impossible to get ahold of. I simply went and found a place to do a Dyno tune for me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
+1 on RalliSport. Mike did an awesome 93 octane tune for mine that also eliminated rev hang. I haven’t had any luck reaching him lately, either, but it’s worth a shot.

·
Registered
660 Posts
FYI - Mike at Rallisport is back around.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm considering a full tune from Mike at Rallisport (contacted him Saturday), and I've purchased the SubaruEdit software (Personal) to do so. I'm curious how much of a gain can I expect from a full tune? I found somewhere that a factory set dyno'd around 140 and change at the wheels, curious if anyone has ran a tuned car on a dyno? I have a 17 Impreza Sport MT, and I'm not looking for STI power, just want it enjoyable to drive, with the throttle delay, rev hang, and the narrow power band, it drives me nuts - mostly because you can feel the car is capable of more...

·
Registered
660 Posts
I've never dyno'd his engine tunes. My experience is they do make the manual transmission car more enjoyable to drive. I just got an update to the 'recall tune' and haven't had a chance to try it yet. I'm hoping to later this afternoon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Now that I'm almost two weeks and 8 revisions in on Mike's tunes, there's no real reason to do a dyno, the car is sooooo much better, and he's still fine tuning it, truly awesome service. So, what's the 'recall tune'?

·
Registered
660 Posts
It's the tune that Subaru pushed to prevent ignition coil burn out. On my manual transmission base model, that tune part ID is xh3j2b0a . For other cars with CVT and/or active grill shutters there is a different part number.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts