5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got myself a 2021 Impreza hatchback premium trim, Ocean Pearl Blue, with the sunroof and blind-spot detection package. I'm loving it but I need two more things to make me truly happy.
1) I'm using Android auto, and the first thing I do is plug in my phone and kinda jam it into the storage space behind the shifter. This is a larger phone, and its awkward ... with the USB cable coiling around in there it takes up the entire space, which I'd rather use for sunglasses and other things. It occurs to me that a small bag, maybe made of vinyl or leather, could be mounted to the left of the console. I could drop my phone into it head-down, and the USB cable would trail behind, freeing up the storage space.
2) I would like to find a decent trash bag. This would hang off the passenger side of the center console. I could use a drawstring bag and hang it off the shifter, but it would be pretty cool have a rectangular bag that mounted to the console with Velcro.

Any brilliant ideas appreciated

- Russell

·
Registered
361 Posts
The only idea I have is to get a piece of thin plexi glass and make a hanger by heating the end of the plexiglass and bending it so it would fit into the crevice of the center console for your bag hanger.
As for your phone. It's a personal option, I just have one of those vent mounts. Unfortunately in the winter I have to turn off the heat to the vent other wise the phone overheats.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, TZD. I'd seen some of these, and I'm thinking of getting the KMOTORS trash bag. I love the seat back filler design, too. I think I will take a chance on buying them (and hope they'll take a return if the fit is bad).

ank

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only idea I have is to get a piece of thin plexi glass and make a hanger by heating the end of the plexiglass and bending it so it would fit into the crevice of the center console for your bag hanger.
As for your phone. It's a personal option, I just have one of those vent mounts. Unfortunately in the winter I have to turn off the heat to the vent other wise the phone overheats.
Yeah, I've used the vent mounts, too. Better for people in the south who run the air conditioning, for sure. But the whole joy of Android Auto is that the screen shows up on my Impreza's display, so I just want the phone out of the way. I did think that it might be good to get a strong magnetic dash mount and place it on the side of the console, but I am not sure it would hold on well enough.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've used Arkon seat rail mounts for cell phones or a GPS since 2009. They're high quality and have a wide variety of adapters available.

This is without a doubt the classiest solution. I didn't quite get how it attached to the seat rail or what it looked like in place until I watched the install video.

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've decided on these two things. Hoping they will work. For my phone, this:

and for trash, this, which I will hang over one of the seats or somehow affix to the center console in the back rather than the shifter.:

I'll let y'all know how they work out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts