5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport MT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got this front splitter from Variant Aero but it got damaged by UPS. Getting a new one under warranty so I figured someone might be interested in this one. Pics of damage attached. Fits any year Impreza 2017+. I paid 220$+Shipping. Looking to get 100$ and buyer pays shipping. I'll also wrap it up in some bubble wrap to make sure it doesn't pick up more damage in the mail.

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport MT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
120$? 100$? Idk. Figured someone may be able to do something with it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Im sure someone could do something with it.

For me, it was more of the you're getting a new one under warranty, then selling the damaged one for almost as much as a new one. Turning the seller/carriers loss into profit for yourself from basically receiving a 2nd new one, and selling the original to cover most of your cost of buying it.

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport MT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The seller actually told me I could do whatever I wanted with it. UPS is paying him the cost of the damaged one so he's not losing out on anything. But I'm not rigid on the price at all. I'm new to selling parts on here and not really sure how much I should knock off for the damage.

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport MT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Most likely UPS or FedEx Considering its a pretty large package. I can go with whatever would be cheapest for you. And I'll make sure to wrap a little bubble wrap around it so it shouldn't pick up more damage.

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport MT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Would you be shipping through USPS, FEDEX, UPS, etc?
Most likely UPS or FedEx Considering its a pretty large package. I can go with whatever would be cheapest for you. And I'll make sure to wrap a little bubble wrap around it so it shouldn't pick up more damage.

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Impreza Sport CVT 2.0l
24 Posts
If Subi Build can take it off your hands sooner than I can he can for sure get dibbs lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
If Subi Build can take it off your hands sooner than I can he can for sure get dibbs lol
Hey, you can go ahead and get it if you want, itll be a couple weeks before i have disposable income for that anyway, and i dont want to hold it up for you. My suggestion to fix this is to lay some books or weights on top of it, try to bend it back, but its not going to go on very well if at all if you dont fix it to be flat. The other dings, you can do a mini bondo job and fix that, but it all depends on how much work your willing to put in, this is what i would do.

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Impreza Sport CVT 2.0l
24 Posts
Hey, you can go ahead and get it if you want, itll be a couple weeks before i have disposable income for that anyway, and i dont want to hold it up for you. My suggestion to fix this is to lay some books or weights on top of it, try to bend it back, but its not going to go on very well if at all if you dont fix it to be flat. The other dings, you can do a mini bondo job and fix that, but it all depends on how much work your willing to put in, this is what i would do.
Thanks man, I currently live at an apt complex and it's very risky for me now to get it. If I could find someone that will let me have this or any bigger part sent to their home but I don't have anyone right now. Plus might be a while till I can get some approval from someone. So if you really want it go for it man!

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport MT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bump. Still have this. Just collecting dust under the bed. Here's a pic with the 2 piece from the same company installed on my Imp.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts