5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Impreza 2.0i
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the thing. Footwell lights look killer, add a nice touch to you car. However, paying $175USD for the subi kit (which isn't even available here in Australia), wasn't an option.

So to cut a long story short, following a few tutorials, a few posts here on this forum, and youtube videos, I sourced some LED's, hookup wire, some terminal crimps, and got to work.

Like how many have done, these are hooked up to the map lighting and turn on when the car is unlocked, and doors are opened, hang around for however long you have it set for in your system.

Only downside is the front drivers side LED is a little more visible as there is nothing behind that point to attach it to without making some kind of mount. Might look into it in the future.

So here's a photo of it at night, front and rear done. :)
Vehicle Car Wheel Hood Window

·
Registered
2018 Sport Hatch 5-Speed Manual
217 Posts
Where did you attach the LED's on the front driver? I think I used a peice of metal that was behind the plastic.

·
Registered
Impreza 2.0i
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where did you attach the LED's on the front driver? I think I used a peice of metal that was behind the plastic.
As far back on the plastic as I could. Seems like in the 21 model there's nothing behind there that I could attach it to. I'll rig something up and fix it up better, but for now it works a charm.

·
Registered
2018 Sport Hatch 5-Speed Manual
217 Posts
So I had to go look again to where I attached it and it looks like I used a HVAC duct, or some other peice of plastic. It's just in front of the pedals vertically.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

1 - 11 of 11 Posts