5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching deionizer systems for quite sometime and finally came to a conclusion. It was between the DI Rinse system and the Griots Garage system. Griots provides a LIFETIME warranty on all parts minus the resin and it was $100 less before my 10% off coupon. It was $269 shipped and I plan on trying it out this weekend. The TDS of my water is around 220 so, based on that, I should get about 350 gallons of high quality deionized water. You don't use the water for washing...only for the final rinse for a spot-free dry. Therefore, if you use no more than 5-gallons (which is probably still more than needed for a final rinse), I can wash my vehicles 70+ times before the resin needs to be replaced. For those that may be interested, the link is below:

A few pics connected to my water softener:

DI System.jpg
DI System2.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is pretty neat! Completely unrelated to the application but is this water drinkable? What exactly is the resin?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is pretty neat! Completely unrelated to the application but is this water drinkable? What exactly is the resin?
Totally drinkable...just deionized so pure water without any minerals in it to spot the cars finish. The resin is a bunch of tiny beads, like tiny ball bearings, that have positive and negative charges that interact with the minerals in the water and the minerals attach to them. Similar to a water softener for your home that has resin inside the tank. It displaces the hard minerals with sodium from the salt tank to soften the water which is better for your skin, washing laundry, doing dishes, etc. When the deionizer resin is spent and all resin beads have minerals attached, you will see your TDS (total dissolved solids) go up. You then replace the resin. Less than $100 to refill the tank. The harder your tap water, the less gallons the resin will last...see the guide below. I bought a $10 TDS meter off amazon to track my waters hardness. 220ppm before the deionizer and 002ppm after:)

TDS.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts