5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed this? I just had the first heavy rain and in the loaner car that I have from the dealership. I opened my driver door this morning and saw a bunch of water pour out onto the pavement. I was confused and wanted to see if this was normal so I opened up the passenger side and sure enough same thing happened. I am concerned because it seemed to come from inside of the door panel which I feel like it isn't supposed to do.

Any input would be great!

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
There are drains that drain out any water that gets inside the doors on the bottom of the door.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone noticed this? I just had the first heavy rain and in the loaner car that I have from the dealership. I opened my driver door this morning and saw a bunch of water pour out onto the pavement. I was confused and wanted to see if this was normal so I opened up the passenger side and sure enough same thing happened. I am concerned because it seemed to come from inside of the door panel which I feel like it isn't supposed to do.

Any input would be great!
yes, i did noticed few times. wondering if that's OK for the water to sit in the door till you open it

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I saw the drains but I thought this was strange as I had never had a car that "retained water"...guess now I can be more confident calling my car a she lol :p

·
Administrator
785 Posts
It's been pouring here at times the fast few days and I have not noticed any water pouring out of my doors. So either I'm oblivious to this or my doors are becoming reservoirs.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Is everyone just not worried about the potential for rusting here? Because if it's at that portion of the door and not draining until you open it, I presume the door seal is what's keeping it in there with minimal room for seepage, but then wouldn't the sill area be exposed to potentially constant water?

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
Is everyone just not worried about the potential for rusting here? Because if it's at that portion of the door and not draining until you open it, I presume the door seal is what's keeping it in there with minimal room for seepage, but then wouldn't the sill area be exposed to potentially constant water?
I really don't notice a lot of rust on modern cars these days.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's been pouring here at times the fast few days and I have not noticed any water pouring out of my doors. So either I'm oblivious to this or my doors are becoming reservoirs.
I hadn't noticed it until I had the loaner. It poured out at the front bottom of the door and left a pool of water on the pavement. Now that I have my car back I am going to pay attention to see if it happens because I am pretty sure it had rained for a bit one day with my car and I didn't notice this happen before.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have water draining from well above the drains from under the plastic door panel, is this what you are experiencing? (see attached)
You might want to have this checked it doesn't look normal to me. Possibly the outer & inner belt mouldings or door weatherstrip is damaged or not mounted properly.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yea I saw the drains but I thought this was strange as I had never had a car that "retained water"...guess now I can be more confident calling my car a she lol :p
I'm not buying what these guys are telling you. YES there are drains... and they are supposed to drain! If they don't drain until the door is opened there is something wrong . What if you don't use the passenger door. Or the rears? Not draining until the door is opened someday means there will be corrosion. I have never had a car that did this.

As a courtesy, tell the dealer about the problem in their loaner car. And everyone should watch their cars now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I noticed this with my new impreza sport as well. Delear owed me nitrogen tires and so I complained about the water pooling/settling. Guess what the service guy stated: he said that It is the way SUBARU designed the new 2017 impreza and theres nothing that they can do. I thought I was being crazy complaining. I have the white sport and so I would also see watermarks on the side of the exterior door sill. Annoying. I told them I dont want a car that collects water and only drains when the door opens.. I demanded a different model - crosstrek/forester but they will not let me do an exchange without losing 20-30% car value - Just bought this car 3 weeks ago. I may have to write to Subaru of America.

My concerns are:
1. possible water damage in the long run - Rust, corrosion.. etc
2. When the weather gets freezing here, the water might freeze and would be hard to open.. or it could be a fall hazard.
3. my white car will always have water spots on the door step/well when it rains - that is very annoying!

This is my first subaru and I have been dreaming of one since I was in my 20's! 10 years in the making and not feeling good about this purchase.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Had this happen to me for the first time the other day. I will be following this

·
Registered
9 Posts
My driveway slopes up and I've noticed water drain out when I open the door. I'm a little concerned in the long run, but the inside of the door is painted and a greasy film over the bottom 6 inches (guessing anti-corrosion).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have water draining from well above the drains from under the plastic door panel, is this what you are experiencing? (see attached)
I am having the same problem on all four doors. After heavy rain, the water fails to drain out the drain holes (have checked, they are not clogged) and instead leaks out the bottom of the interior panel. Have taken it to the dealer twice already. First they "reglued" the plastic vapor barrier and the second time they replaced all four. Still cannot stop the leak. I will be taking it to the dealership yet again but before that I wanted to know if anyone on hear has had this problem, knows what is causing it and has any ideas on how it can be or is fixed. Thanks for the help and advice!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts