5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've noticed this noise in my 2017 Impreza, I can't work out if it's in the speakers ir the car itself... weirdly it doesn't happen every day, when when it goes happen it happens heaps for the rest of the trip...
I'd best describe the noise as like a small stone hitting a windscreen or other window - and it's not just that as it keeps happening.
Anyone else noticed this?!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I haven't noticed any unusual sounds in my Impreza. If you turn the radio off and still have the noise it's somewhere in the car.

Clifton

·
Registered
117 Posts
What flash75 said. The only thing I could think of that might make that noise that isn't a speaker is the plastic cover that goes over the wire leading down to the rear view mirror. The little teeth that secure it in place barely do anything so it could come loose and hit against the windshield on a bump. I removed mine because it made a horrible rattling when my subwoofer hits.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't noticed any unusual sounds in my Impreza. If you turn the radio off and still have the noise it's somewhere in the car.

Clifton
thanks... i get that, (and have tried) however it isn't a constant noise so it's hard to be sure, if it's actually stopping when I turn the radio off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I've noticed this noise in my 2017 Impreza, I can't work out if it's in the speakers ir the car itself... weirdly it doesn't happen every day, when when it goes happen it happens heaps for the rest of the trip...
I'd best describe the noise as like a small stone hitting a windscreen or other window - and it's not just that as it keeps happening.
Anyone else noticed this?!
I know it has been some time but did you ever figure out the cause or how to resolve the issue?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts