5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 19 of 64 Posts

· Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
797 Posts
Notice any cool sounds from the CAI yet?
Notice nothing in sound, mostly just hear my borla muffler.

I'm not sure if I can explain it right as the standard feel is second nature, but when I press the gas from stop it used to hesitate and ramp up a curve. It doesn't hesitate now and goes right away. Also sometimes when coming to a stop it would want to go, now it comes to a stop like it should. I'll have to drive more to pinpoint it, but in generic terms: faster response, less lag, no hesitation.

· Registered
797 Posts

· Registered
797 Posts
Body shop called today. $6500. Two doors, fenders and one wheel. I didn’t know they were going to replace the wheel. It had some scratches on it ??? Paint and alignment as well. 3 weeks!
Is that out of pocket? Are they repairing the doors? Have you checked ebay/craigslist for people parting out salvage cars? You may find doors and fenders of the same color. I've repaired some auction cars when I used to flip them (before cops got mad at me), I would just find the same color at a junk yard and swap them.

· Registered
797 Posts
Yesterday I did about 4 hours, and today I did about 5 hours. I spent quite a bit of time figuring out what I'm doing by referencing various online pictures and videos and was very worried I wouldn't be able to do it. But, toward the end, I know exactly what I'm doing and I certainly did a number of things the hard way.

Anyway, I've got the back lifted up, got the rear brace bar almost installed, and got the ecohitch on!

I couldn't finish the rear brace bar because Rallitek sent me the wrong brackets!!! I called them to ask wtf the trick was to putting them in, they checked my order and found they shipped me wrong brace, and I'll have the proper ones in a few days. My car is not usable right now anyway because my tire punctured and I bought a replacement tire from ebay and it had a pinhole leak so I'm waiting for a new replacement tire :(. I'll work on the front lift and finishing my Kilmat install in the meantime.

My hands are BEAT UP after today. I sprayed them with peroxide and there wasn't a spot without white bubbles.

· Registered
797 Posts
Installed the Rally Innovations Light Bar SU-GTB-RLB-01 - I bought it from Oakos as they didn't charge tax. Light bar and pods in the mail coming next week. Since I already had a primitive skidplate, I reused that hardware, but now it is lower by a few mm due to two washers.

· Registered
797 Posts
Secondly, I got tired of these two plastic trim pieces laying around taking up space after installing a rear cusco bar. So I dremmeled them down and installed them back into position. Glad to no longer have the white liner fuzz exposed.

PS: something is messed up with the image uploads, can't do more than 1 per post.

· Registered
797 Posts
Did you drive the car for a while without the rear strut bar before getting that on as well? I'm pleasantly surprised with how well the vehicle responds on cornering with the front and considering the rear in the future. Though having it in the way of the cargo area even to the degree it is.
I had no rear sway bar from the factory as I have a base, so I got that cusco bar and it made the car feel more like... a plank of wood, I guess. Solid and rectangular and held together. Then I did a lift and installed the rear sway bar. Haven't driven it with a rear sway and without the cusco rear bar.

1 - 19 of 64 Posts