5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

· Registered
2020 Subaru Impreza cvt base sedan w//ES
281 Posts
Ordered a rear seat cover. Have three dogs. German Shepherd, Husky and Spitz.
Actually cheaper from the dealer than on Amazon. I found my can of black caliper paint. Going to hit the muffler and tip later.

· Registered
281 Posts
Daughters car or Dads car?:unsure::LOL::ROFLMAO: (y)
It's her car, I swear! The title's in her name! But I like tinkering. She's happy with everything (she was driving an '07 Chevy HHR LT with 103k miles and bad wheel bearings among other things). I'm just making it liveable for me when I drive it on occasions and we're planning a trip to NC to visit my oldest and his kids and the Impreza is our vacation car. (I drive a bmw convertible and her mom drives a camaro convertible so those aren't long trip cars for four people).

I think I'm going to upgrade the speakers too...
:p

· Registered
281 Posts
Did they change the hood design for 2020? It's telling me it won't fit. But I guess I could just trim it. You guys are killing me. I haven't done anything to my car in awhile, been spending all the time on her car.

· Registered
281 Posts
I spent half an hour arguing with the parts department at my dealership. The guy kept saying his database won't let him order the hood insulation and tabs. I told him their website says it fits with my VIN and so do other websites. I told him just remove my VIN from the order and order the parts I asked for. The website and others wanted $55 for shipping. I guess it's a large awkward piece. He said he would call me when it comes in and no refunds. I just laughed and said don't worry about it. I'll make it fit.

The reflective tape should be here soon too. Today was a nice warm overcast day so I decided to wax it. I've been using Rejex for almost six years now (same bottle) so I figured why not. It's served me well. I'll probably get something else once the bottle runs out. I wasn't happy with whatever coating came from the factory, very little water beading/sheeting. I'll top it off with some sealant I have around, I have a bunch of different ones.

I washed her mom's car too (no wax, she can wax her own car).

· Registered
281 Posts
It took longer to unbox it then it did to install. It was $60.38 with tax from my dealership with the 8 push clips.

It fits in the sedan if you put the rear seats down. Rear headrests were removed so I could measure the rear window for tint. Don't worry, they'll be reinstalled.

I also started the peaty reflector tape stuff. :)
And the Subaru brand dog cover. I couldn’t cancel the order since it shipped already

· Registered
281 Posts
What tint brand/line did you get installed?
HP – High Performance Metalized Series
Ziebart HPM series window tint film is a metalized film that combines style with high performance. This film not only provides a shield from the sunlight, but also has excellent heat rejection, keeping your vehicle cooler in the heat. HPM series film provides 99% ultraviolet ray protection along with great durability and a superior scratch-resistant coating. It is reflective in appearance and is available in seven shades to match factory tint.

· Registered
281 Posts
Guess what time it is?

we did the oil change too. Had the Mobil 1 from my daughter-in-law’s car that I never got around to changing her oil before she went back to base.

So easy

quick wash and my daughter’s back on the road. Ran out of daylight. I did the snow tire swap on her mom’s car first. I will do my snow tires tomorrow.

MSW wheels with General Altimax snow tires.

my daughter learned how to use an impact wrench today. She was a little upset when I taught her how to change a tire and she had to do the lugs manually. She wants an impact wrench to keep in the car. 🤦🏻‍♂️

· Registered
281 Posts
Wow! $60, that's not bad. I might get one.
I used to have Nokian Hakkapeliittas way back in the day and they were awesome! But the Generals were on sale with a $110 rebate, so that's what I went with on her car. I skipped the TPMS. She knows what a flat tire feels like and will check daily to make sure nothing is low.
No errors on the dash. It just shows no tire pressure readings.

Her mom and I are running Yokohama IceGuards since those were on sale a few years ago when we got our snow tires.

—-
spoke too soon. Car now yells at us about the tpms 😂

· Registered
281 Posts
I plastidipped the grill on my '15 Legacy and it held up for 4 years when I traded it in.

I could've removed it but it was easy to mask off. On my 5th coat, I laid it in a little thick and waited a minute before removing the masking tape off. It was still a little wet and it made a nice clean break.

My daughter said she's doing the wings in black once spring gets around

· Registered
281 Posts
Used the jack from my daughter’s Impreza today.
I had a flat. Pulled off in a bad spot (area was softish gravel and I just helped that city with a murder two streets over four hours earlier). Called my daughter and had her grab a low profile jack, two of my summer wheels/tires and the impact wrench. Jacked up my car and as soon as I got the bad wheel off the jack shifted in the gravel and slipped and car came down. Jack kept rotor off the ground. Grabbed the Impreza scissor jack and used it to lift my car until I could get the big jack out. Ended up twisting the Impreza jack bar because I guess my car was too heavy? Got it changed and no one got hurt. Going to get her a better jack for her car I guess.
Should probably go back to runflats on my car or source a compact spare that might fit.
Bad morning. But Subaru to the rescue

my car looks silly now

not sure what happened. My boss is going to unmount the tire and look at it from the inside

1 - 20 of 61 Posts