5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

221 - 240 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Installed LEDs under the dash from a cheap source. $100+ vs ~$10. I'm pretty content. Used easy-off velcro for mounting the LEDs. I routed the wire through the gap where the hinge was for the center console holder in 2.jpg. Until I find a more permanent solution, this will have to do. It changes colors across the RGB spectrum and has a nice green/blue fade and a rainbow fade.

I'll post my drill-free license plate solution in a little bit.

Looks really good man! Do you they turn off when doors are shut? I seen these on the market and wanted to try but reviews steered me in the other direction. The life of these things are poor according to many of the reviews.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Installed LEDs under the dash from a cheap source. $100+ vs ~$10. I'm pretty content. Used easy-off velcro for mounting the LEDs. I routed the wire through the gap where the hinge was for the center console holder in 2.jpg. Until I find a more permanent solution, this will have to do. It changes colors across the RGB spectrum and has a nice green/blue fade and a rainbow fade.

I'll post my drill-free license plate solution in a little bit.
Nice!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yesterday I wanted a drill-free alternative to mounting the license plate, but I wanted it mounted front and center. The way I did it I could have it mounted on either side of the grille. I repurposed a spotlight hood mount, drilled some holes in metal and used some plugs to protect the bumper.

Mounting bracket for light bar: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075ST6N3G/
1/4" x 1.5" washer (only need 2): https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-4-in-x-1-in-Metallic-Stainless-Steel-Fender-Washer-3-per-Pack-800511/204284501
1/4" x 5/8" washer (need 5): https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-4-in-Stainless-Steel-Flat-Washer-6-Pack-800341/204276462
used 2 1/4" x 1/2" hex button head bolts for the front plate
used 1 1/4" x 1/2" hex bolt to mount the bracket to the clamp
used 3 1/4" nylon nuts
12" simpson strong tie (similar, but will still work): https://www.homedepot.com/p/Simpson-Strong-Tie-12-in-12-Gauge-Heavy-Strap-Tie-HRS12/100375113
Something similar to this (nylon pads for the plate): https://www.homedepot.com/p/OOK-1-2-in-Clear-Plastic-Self-Adhesive-Bumpers-8-Pack-50660/100019610?MERCH=REC-_-rv_search_plp_rr-_-NA-_-100019610-_-N

I center punched the bracket with a nail + hammer, then progressively drilled larger holes with my metal drilling set. Used about 8 bits total + wd-40 to reach a diameter of 1/4". The bracket identical to this came with 1/2" holes on either side, about 7" from each other, which was perfect for the plate. I mounted 1 hex bolt, the bracket and mount with a nylon nut and washer in the back. I then did the same with the bolts for the plate, but put 2 washers between the plate and bracket to allow spacing for the head of the bolt in the center. I added clear stoppers to prevent the plate from scratching the bumper. All-in-all, the job took a little over 1 hour to do and the results were amazing. Total cost for me was about $40. The alternatives were almost double this and I really wanted something I could take off easily and not require extra work to patch holes or caps.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Looks really good man! Do you they turn off when doors are shut? I seen these on the market and wanted to try but reviews steered me in the other direction. The life of these things are poor according to many of the reviews.
The lights turn off when the car is turned off, then the overhead lights ease on (came with the car). The car charger piece has a button to turn it off or on. As far as the life of them, I have no clue. If it dies, it was only $10, so no harm in rerouting a new one. They are usually on for no less than 1 hour each day and have worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
134 Posts
DRL YELLOW OVERLAY TINT
Very happy with the look. Looks great with the Crystal White Pearl.
I think I'm going to get a Sport grille or STI Roof Spoiler next with my $250 Subaru coupon.

Installation was simple. They did come bigger than the actual DRL. I didn't cut them to DRL shape, I left as is and tucked the excess behind the plastic so you can't see it.

Attachments

·
Registered
521 Posts
So did the one you eBay liked have that cannon with it? Looks that way from the pictures
It should come today or tomorrow, but it's the same one as in the video. Yes it comes with the cannon, but from my understanding it can only be used on low pressure.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
If you want a foam cannon, they have VERY nice one's on Amazon, solid brass construction for about $15. I purchased one, as have several friends at work, and the quality is great. Do not pay more than $15 to $20 for a foam cannon or you are getting RIPPED OFF!

·
Registered
71 Posts
DRL YELLOW OVERLAY TINT
Very happy with the look. Looks great with the Crystal White Pearl.
I think I'm going to get a Sport grille or STI Roof Spoiler next with my $250 Subaru coupon.

Installation was simple. They did come bigger than the actual DRL. I didn't cut them to DRL shape, I left as is and tucked the excess behind the plastic so you can't see it.
OMG outstanding! must have!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello old subie owner from nasioc here.

Figured I'd pop in and drop my mods lists so far.

5dr premium wagon in island blue
35% ceramic tint all around
Black wrapped roof rails
Carbon wrapped grill w/ red stripe
Red s205 rear stripe
Plastidip gold factory wheels
Tinted Headlight marker overlays
Tinted taillight overlays on the clear.

Will be doing more soon.
My old 52" yakima rack wont fit on this one, so I'm kinda mad I wrapped the rails to match for nothing.
Trying to find a powder guy for cheap for my old grids, might just pick up these cheap enkei edr9s I spotted instead.
Wrapping the silver inside
Subiespeed cvt extentions

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
745 Posts

Black wrapped roof rails
Red s205 rear stripe

Will be doing more soon.
My old 52" yakima rack wont fit on this one, so I'm kinda mad I wrapped the rails to match for nothing.
Trying to find a powder guy for cheap for my old grids, might just pick up these cheap enkei edr9s I spotted instead.

Welcome!

·
Registered
99 Posts

Black wrapped roof rails
Red s205 rear stripe

Will be doing more soon.

I need to see a picture of this thing. I bet it looks gorgeous.

·
Registered
39 Posts
How do create a garage?

Finally got my old yakima bars on. Had to remove the rubber cushions to get the clearance. Nd gave it the first wax.

Overlays should be in tomorrow.

Other than mudflaps and a maxxhaul carrier, not sure I'll do anything else on the outside.

·
Registered
134 Posts
How do create a garage?

Finally got my old yakima bars on. Had to remove the rubber cushions to get the clearance. Nd gave it the first wax.

Overlays should be in tomorrow.

Other than mudflaps and a maxxhaul carrier, not sure I'll do anything else on the outside.

You will have to get on a web browser to create a garage. Login to Impreza5.com and go to this link: https://www.impreza5.com/forum/garage.php?do=editgarage and click Add Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
1,708 Posts
This morning I put a nice thick coat of carnuba on my girl, she looks amazing. Was playing around with relocating the front plate but even if I lowered it there are still the ugly holes the dealer put in the bumper. You can never quite fix them after the holes have been drilled into that plastic, oh well.

221 - 240 of 358 Posts