5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

241 - 260 of 536 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Did a full ceramic coating on the Impreza yesterday. Washed her with Dawn Dishwashing liquid to remove all of the wax. Cleaned her up nice and then ceramic coated her. Looks like a glass finish and water rolls off the car like you couldn't believe. www.r1coatings.com

·
Registered
2017 Red Impreza Sport
123 Posts
Last friday I installed new LED lights from this beamtech ebay listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/BEAMTECH-H...-Bulbs-High-Low-Beams-Fog-Lights/263721580136

For a great price, I picked up a pair of 9005s and H11s. They went on super easy. The cords are polarized, so if the light doesn't turn on, flip the cord around. The heat sink heats up real fast so wear gloves when testing them.

Turns out I need to fabricate a bracket for the cadillac horns I want to mount. I'll post about it when I figure out what to do. If anyone wishes to know where to get the pigtails for the old A, C, D and F horns, check out this site:
GM Horn Connector Pigtail 12116958

Still unsure if it will even work. Will post results in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cut my 58" yakima bars down to 45", put cargo carrier on, ordered red rokblokz flaps and jdmfv overlays for front and back, also seat back protectors and a cargo net for roof.
(Yup payday, so theres my car allowance for 2 weeks)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
Put on a Steering Wheel Cover that matches the interior really well. It was cheap and looked good so I went ahead and bought one since I'm always making scuffs with my keys on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey, thanks. No not really hard at all. Just had to have patience... I also modified the bumper behind the bezel to allow for a cyclone of air into the K&N. I'm reinstalling this morn... will have pics later.
Interesting to see the pic of this and what changes you have noticed with this mod

·
Registered
2017 Red Impreza Sport
123 Posts
Finally got the A, C, D, and F horns installed. Took much longer than usual and managed to bolt them to the bumper. Whole process took about 3 hours. Apparently there's 2 horns on this car and for the life of me I cannot find the other one. Anyway, here's a picture. It gets people's attention. toot toot

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey, thanks. No not really hard at all. Just had to have patience... I also modified the bumper behind the bezel to allow for a cyclone of air into the K&N. I'm reinstalling this morn... will have pics later.
Interesting to see the pic of this and what changes you have noticed with this mod
???

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Laid down some plastidip on the chrome & gray bits on the grille.

Next up, make decision on the FogLights. I was leaning towards the one Subaru sells, but now I'm not sure...considering there are DIY options.

Part Number: H451SFL000

Question- did you remove your entire grill before you plasti dipped? or did you tape up the surrounding area.

Looks good btw!

Thanks!

241 - 260 of 536 Posts