5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

541 - 560 of 600 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Impreza 5 dr. auto, limited
73 Posts
Finally decided on a new emblem. It was really hard finding a color combo that goes well with my car color. White, black, and red imps have much more well suited color combo emblems. But im happy with my choice and plan to plasti dip the chrome wings soon as well.
If you plan to remove the wings before plastidip, you can take them off without removing the grille once you remove the plastic cover over the radiator, but you'll need a short flathead screwdriver to pry the tabs loose. From memory, there's about 4 or 5 tabs on the backside that are pretty stiff to try to remove.

·
Registered
2020 Manual 4-door Base
133 Posts
If you plan to remove the wings before plastidip, you can take them off without removing the grille once you remove the plastic cover over the radiator, but you'll need a short flathead screwdriver to pry the tabs loose. From memory, there's about 4 or 5 tabs on the backside that are pretty stiff to try to remove.
Appreciate the heads up
But I read on here that some people just mask off the area and spray the chrome right on the grill. Would that not be easier ?

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Impreza cvt base sedan w//ES
99 Posts
I plastidipped the grill on my '15 Legacy and it held up for 4 years when I traded it in.

I could've removed it but it was easy to mask off. On my 5th coat, I laid it in a little thick and waited a minute before removing the masking tape off. It was still a little wet and it made a nice clean break.

My daughter said she's doing the wings in black once spring gets around

·
Registered
2020 Sport hatchback manual - Baltimore, MD
37 Posts
Finally decided on a new emblem. It was really hard finding a color combo that goes well with my car color. White, black, and red imps have much more well suited color combo emblems. But im happy with my choice and plan to plasti dip the chrome wings soon as well.
Not to tempt you into changing your overlay again but at Custom Subaru And For Emblem Overlays And vinyl Decals you can choose a wide range of colors for both background and stars, among many other designs. I actually bought another set after these, which haven't been applied yet, to better match my '87 Specialized's emblem color.

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
978 Posts
Not to tempt you into changing your overlay again but at Custom Subaru And For Emblem Overlays And vinyl Decals snip
How hard are these to apply? I got a set from subispeed and I botched the rear one. They even gave me two for the front and two for the back but the rear one was a touch too small so getting it perfect was not something I was able to do. In all fairness this isn't something I'm particularly good at to begin with.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza 5 dr. auto, limited
73 Posts
How hard are these to apply? I got a set from subispeed and I botched the rear one. They even gave me two for the front and two for the back but the rear one was a touch too small so getting it perfect was not something I was able to do. In all fairness this isn't something I'm particularly good at to begin with.
I got a set from JDMFV, the front fit really well, but the rear was a little big. Ended up with a wrinkle or two trying to tuck it into the crease inside of the trim ring.

·
ModFather
978 Posts
I've ordered the twisted i, red on black. I'll give them a go.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Used the jack from my daughter’s Impreza today.
I had a flat. Pulled off in a bad spot (area was softish gravel and I just helped that city with a murder two streets over four hours earlier). Called my daughter and had her grab a low profile jack, two of my summer wheels/tires and the impact wrench. Jacked up my car and as soon as I got the bad wheel off the jack shifted in the gravel and slipped and car came down. Jack kept rotor off the ground. Grabbed the Impreza scissor jack and used it to lift my car until I could get the big jack out. Ended up twisting the Impreza jack bar because I guess my car was too heavy? Got it changed and no one got hurt. Going to get her a better jack for her car I guess.
Should probably go back to runflats on my car or source a compact spare that might fit.
Bad morning. But Subaru to the rescue

my car looks silly now

not sure what happened. My boss is going to unmount the tire and look at it from the inside

·
ModFather
978 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Uh oh, looks like the police are keeping an eye on you. Can't trust BMWs that don't have 4 matching wheels.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yep. It’s done.
here’s a view from the inside

And here’s her jack tool

·
ModFather
978 Posts
Bummer on the tire, I was afraid of that. Is that an AWD BMW?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yep. I had to change both rears to get it off the road without the awd acting up. So now snow tires up front and all seasons on back. The snows have 14k miles on them and are discontinued. Debating throwing on the front all seasons or breaking down and getting four new snows.
For now I turned the awd off to be safe until I decide what to do. Just in time for a snow storm today.

·
ModFather
978 Posts
I saw a video how great the new Michelin Crossclimate 2 are, a true all 4 season tire. Not inexpensive but less expensive than two sets of tires

https://youtu.be/PT2odY3C6Og

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have been researching all weather tires for the Impreza when it’s time. For mine I like having black wheels for winter and silver for summer.

The offets are a little different too since I run wider timers in the summer.

But I might just end up switching all ours over to run flats and call it a day. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Update in a few inches of slush and ice, not as good as the oem Yokohamas.

Putting the car away breaking out the truck with snow tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I started a thread about some winter tires and performance tires take a look. I’d like to get some more information and some really good decent winter tires that are good for performance tires in that thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Sport hatchback manual - Baltimore, MD
37 Posts
Easy using these instructions Installation Instructions.
I freaked out the entire time making sure all the emblems weren't upside down and getting them lined up right. This method made it easy. No misalignment or blemishes on any of the three. I still have to take these off and install the ones that better color match what I wanted.

541 - 560 of 600 Posts