5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
21 - 40 of 1,327 Posts
Yep. I had to change both rears to get it off the road without the awd acting up. So now snow tires up front and all seasons on back. The snows have 14k miles on them and are discontinued. Debating throwing on the front all seasons or breaking down and getting four new snows.
For now I turned the awd off to be safe until I decide what to do. Just in time for a snow storm today.

I have been researching all weather tires for the Impreza when it’s time. For mine I like having black wheels for winter and silver for summer.

The offets are a little different too since I run wider timers in the summer.

But I might just end up switching all ours over to run flats and call it a day. :ROFLMAO:

Body shop called today. $6500. Two doors, fenders and one wheel. I didn’t know they were going to replace the wheel. It had some scratches on it ??? Paint and alignment as well. 3 weeks!

It’s insurance paying. They haven’t sent payment yet to the body shop but the body shop already ordered everything to try to shorten our wait time. They’re the ones we take our police cars to after we smack them up. They do good work.

Body shop called. Wheel replaced. New doors are in and being prepped for painting. Bumper removed and being prepped for painting. They’re working on the fenders now. Hopefully next week she will get her car back.
I test drove a Crosstrek today. Figured it would be easy if we had similar stuff for me to keep maintenance items for. :D

only thing is even with the 180hp, it’s sort of lacking for me. I’m looking at two other subcompact suvs tomorrow with more hp.

—-
test drove the Alfa Romeo Stelvio (280hp) and the BMW X2 M35i (302hp). Ended up trading my bmw for another bmw.

Pulled into garage and threw a space heater towards the front for her. I’m definitely ordering the morimoto 2strokes for next winter. High beams didn’t melt enough and it’s going to be dark soon.

Here's the Blackstone report on the Mobil 1. I'll check the maintenance threads on oil brands soon. I should probably stick to one brand but I usually buy what's on sale but I buy oil from FCP Euro for my BMW and it's almost free so I will probably buy oil for her car from there too. They have some type of weird exchange program. People don't use it for oil mostly because they don't know you can ship it back USPS flat rate box.

Extracted some oil to send to Blackstone.
at stealership now. Got a coupon for a $35 oil change and tire rotation, says synthetic included in the email so I made the appointment two weeks ago.
I get the car here and they said $90 plus tax. The coupon was meant for the first oil change. I said when I asked about it and told them it was coming in for the 18k oil change, the lady said it was fine. The person today said she thought it was your first because we have no records. I said I did the first two at 6k and 12k. If it’s $90, I will just go home since I have all the stuff necessary to do an oil change and tire rotation.
They’re going to honor the $35 oil change. Lol

They seemed miffed just now when they suggested an engine air filter and cabin air filter change and I said those parts are sitting in my garage now for my daughter to change when I get home. She’s upset that she isn’t changing the oil and rotating the tires herself. I told her this will be the last dealership trip unless it’s something for warranty.

you’d think they’d have it on file that I do alot of my own stuff and am a difficult upsell since I bought my Legacy from them and only came in for warranty work and discounted oil changes.

the new Legacy looks nice. Still waiting for a BRZ. My son turns 16 next year. Maybe he will get a BRZ.

Forgot to post pics of the filters after 17,700 miles and 10 months of driving. Probably should've changed them earlier.

Blackstone has the oil now so I'll post their results when they send it back.

Stealership was like $277 plus tax to replace the one wheel and tire and that the warranty only covered curb rashes so she would only get a new hub cap for free. So in my sarcastic state of mind I said no and kicked the other 3 hubcaps and said give me four new hubcaps. Then I went and spent triple the amount and got her some cheap wheels and new tires. I probably should’ve just paid the stealership. Lol. But her car looks better now. I found someone local willing to buy the old wheels and hubcaps. They said they could pound the rim back into shape.

Pics and a link to the Cusco? I’m looking at the Nameless currently. Wondering if I should do that to my daughter’s Impreza sedan when I get around to doing the Perrin steering dampener. She’s going on vacation with her mom for a week so I will have time to work on her car.

or should I install the Perrin first and see if it improves things before buying a strut tower brace?

21 - 40 of 1,327 Posts