5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

601 - 618 of 618 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Impreza cvt base sedan w//ES
111 Posts
Body shop called today. $6500. Two doors, fenders and one wheel. I didn’t know they were going to replace the wheel. It had some scratches on it ??? Paint and alignment as well. 3 weeks!

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
230 Posts
Body shop called today. $6500. Two doors, fenders and one wheel. I didn’t know they were going to replace the wheel. It had some scratches on it ??? Paint and alignment as well. 3 weeks!
Is that out of pocket? Are they repairing the doors? Have you checked ebay/craigslist for people parting out salvage cars? You may find doors and fenders of the same color. I've repaired some auction cars when I used to flip them (before cops got mad at me), I would just find the same color at a junk yard and swap them.

Reactions: chowser51

·
Registered
111 Posts
It’s insurance paying. They haven’t sent payment yet to the body shop but the body shop already ordered everything to try to shorten our wait time. They’re the ones we take our police cars to after we smack them up. They do good work.

·
Registered
2017 Red Impreza Sport
139 Posts

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,031 Posts
Changed my oil today. First time in my life I've done it based on time and not mileage. It's almost been a year since I've change the oil and I've only gone about 4K miles. Sent of a sample for oil analysis too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Body shop called. Wheel replaced. New doors are in and being prepped for painting. Bumper removed and being prepped for painting. They’re working on the fenders now. Hopefully next week she will get her car back.
I test drove a Crosstrek today. Figured it would be easy if we had similar stuff for me to keep maintenance items for. :D

only thing is even with the 180hp, it’s sort of lacking for me. I’m looking at two other subcompact suvs tomorrow with more hp.

—-
test drove the Alfa Romeo Stelvio (280hp) and the BMW X2 M35i (302hp). Ended up trading my bmw for another bmw.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Back hurts like a MF after this!!

Didn't have enough to cover everything, bought another pack of kilmat and will finish next week. Will do the rear hatch with the leftovers.

In the meantime, going to do a lift, rear swaybar, and ecohitch as the car is out of operation.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yesterday I did about 4 hours, and today I did about 5 hours. I spent quite a bit of time figuring out what I'm doing by referencing various online pictures and videos and was very worried I wouldn't be able to do it. But, toward the end, I know exactly what I'm doing and I certainly did a number of things the hard way.

Anyway, I've got the back lifted up, got the rear brace bar almost installed, and got the ecohitch on!

I couldn't finish the rear brace bar because Rallitek sent me the wrong brackets!!! I called them to ask wtf the trick was to putting them in, they checked my order and found they shipped me wrong brace, and I'll have the proper ones in a few days. My car is not usable right now anyway because my tire punctured and I bought a replacement tire from ebay and it had a pinhole leak so I'm waiting for a new replacement tire :(. I'll work on the front lift and finishing my Kilmat install in the meantime.

My hands are BEAT UP after today. I sprayed them with peroxide and there wasn't a spot without white bubbles.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice, I tried using the lighter for USB adapter, it doesn't seem to work. Did you have to add an amp before doing this?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The last few days its been single digit temp over night, and I've found that my battery is on it's last legs. Wouldn't start after sitting for 4 days, charged it for 5 minutes and was fine for a few days. Just happened this morning though, after driving yesterday like 50 miles on the highway! So guess I will be stopping by Advanced after work and getting a diehard gold.

I have been really happy with the car overall this last week with all the ice and snow, it solidified why I chose a Subaru! Had zero issues driving down the highway when you couldn't even see the lane divider markings. I also made sure to hit a parking lot and get a good idea of what the car feels like when it actually does slide 😁

·
Registered
14 Posts
Other day after good snow I took car out to parking lot to see how slamming on brakes and hard turns worked out. Wife was with me so I had only “test maneuver” a little bit.

2018 Impreza wagon limited

·
Registered
111 Posts
Pulled into garage and threw a space heater towards the front for her. I’m definitely ordering the morimoto 2strokes for next winter. High beams didn’t melt enough and it’s going to be dark soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Replaced the rear wiper cover ; glad it was just a $5.00 part the 865 one. Put some black gorilla tape on back so I don’t loose this one.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Premium Hatch CVT
183 Posts
Replaced the rear wiper cover ; glad it was just a $5.00 part the 865 one. Put some black gorilla tape on back so I don’t loose this one.

My front drivers side cover pops off all the time at the car wash. I added a small dab of clear silicone under it and it hasn’t come off since. Still removable if necessary though.

601 - 618 of 618 Posts