·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
320 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport
36 Posts
What are those brackets? I see very similar ones for LEDs but I'm not sure those can bear a load.
Each one of those brackets has a load rating of 50lbs, per mfg specs. All hardware is grade 8, plenty strong for anything your going to throw up there.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Each one of those brackets has a load rating of 50lbs, per mfg specs. All hardware is grade 8, plenty strong for anything your going to throw up there.
Please drop a link where you got them, I like your system more than mine and want to make something similar.

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport
36 Posts
These are only going to work if you have the SSD roof rails.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Reactions: longboy

·
Registered
'19 Impreza 5dr Sport
51 Posts
Switched out my stock CVT shifter to the STI version. Install wasn't too bad considering there is no instructions. You have to pull the boot off to be able to switch out the plastic interface between the new shifter.

Just ordered up some gloss black vinyl for some roof wrap / a pillar wrap.

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport
36 Posts
Switched out my stock CVT shifter to the STI version. Install wasn't too bad considering there is no instructions. You have to pull the boot off to be able to switch out the plastic interface between the new shifter.

Just ordered up some gloss black vinyl for some roof wrap / a pillar wrap.
Pics, or it didn't happen 😉

·
Registered
86 Posts
Was hit and run in my parking lot. Won’t buff out. But will fix

2018 Impreza wagon limited
That sucks. It'll get fixed but hate that when the person responsible doesn't own up to it. The excuse of "I didn't feel anything" wouldn't apply in this instance...lol

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Impreza cvt base sedan w//ES
150 Posts
Extracted some oil to send to Blackstone.
at stealership now. Got a coupon for a $35 oil change and tire rotation, says synthetic included in the email so I made the appointment two weeks ago.
I get the car here and they said $90 plus tax. The coupon was meant for the first oil change. I said when I asked about it and told them it was coming in for the 18k oil change, the lady said it was fine. The person today said she thought it was your first because we have no records. I said I did the first two at 6k and 12k. If it’s $90, I will just go home since I have all the stuff necessary to do an oil change and tire rotation.
They’re going to honor the $35 oil change. Lol

They seemed miffed just now when they suggested an engine air filter and cabin air filter change and I said those parts are sitting in my garage now for my daughter to change when I get home. She’s upset that she isn’t changing the oil and rotating the tires herself. I told her this will be the last dealership trip unless it’s something for warranty.

you’d think they’d have it on file that I do alot of my own stuff and am a difficult upsell since I bought my Legacy from them and only came in for warranty work and discounted oil changes.

the new Legacy looks nice. Still waiting for a BRZ. My son turns 16 next year. Maybe he will get a BRZ.

·
Registered
'19 Impreza 5dr Sport
51 Posts
Well I had a busy afternoon.

I added new black / red front and rear emblems. I bought a subitrays front grill mount.
I swapped out the front turns to LED white / amber turns unfortunately I got hyper flash on the turns and I ran out of motivation to add the resistors.
Lastly I added some subispeed cvt paddle extenders in black. I have 17ftx5ft of piano black vvivid vinyl and debating if I wrap my roof / a pillars tonight.

·
Registered
'21 Sport Hatch CVT Ocean Blue Pearl
45 Posts
Cleaned the windows inside and out.

Applied some Plexus to headlights, windshield cowl, and some other exterior trim pieces.

And took my family of 5 out to the store and a late lunch.

Reason I bought an Impreza over another compact/small mid-sized car (Mazda3, VW Golf, Civic, etc) is to get an all-wheel drive hatch that has a useable rear seat for passengers, there's nothing that is competent to great across the board like this vehicle. All the other cars you primarily lose all-wheel drive or a lot of rear passenger space.

I'm still impressed with how well designed this platform is on the Impreza in that every useable cubic inch IS USED in this vehicle. Yes, it's the weakest launch with the CVT, but that's lower on the priorities to me. What does 0.5 faster launch mean if I can't fit people in the car. (I have a family car, but its nice to have a smaller car for casual trips that require less vehicle to do everything).

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Impreza cvt base sedan w//ES
150 Posts
Forgot to post pics of the filters after 17,700 miles and 10 months of driving. Probably should've changed them earlier.

Blackstone has the oil now so I'll post their results when they send it back.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That sucks. It'll get fixed but hate that when the person responsible doesn't own up to it. The excuse of "I didn't feel anything" wouldn't apply in this instance...lol
All repaired. Great body shop ; finished ahead of predictions.

Disconnecting battery does the tire sensor to metric. And turns seatbelt chime back on. Both easy to sort out.

I noticed mpg is worse now ; my theory is cvt is relearning shift points.

Love my Impreza

2018 Impreza wagon limited

·
Registered
Silver 2.0i 5D 5MT
6 Posts
2018 Base 5MT
Deleted rev hang and a new air filter today!
Needs a little cleaning in some areas... will get on that :D
Love the car!

641 - 660 of 662 Posts