5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
681 - 700 of 740 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Sport Hatch CVT Ocean Blue Pearl
84 Posts
Installed a Cusco strut tower bar last night and today was the first time driving after doing that.

I actually forgot I had done ANYTHING to the car while driving to work until I took a highway on ramp at speed that had a good amount of grade & curve and I noticed the car really took the turn and bit into the road nicely.

That was the moment I remembered I had done the install. It works and is noticeable on harder cornering and certain bumps for sure. The back end can still flex a bit more but I'm fine with that.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Impreza cvt base sedan w//ES
177 Posts
Pics and a link to the Cusco? I’m looking at the Nameless currently. Wondering if I should do that to my daughter’s Impreza sedan when I get around to doing the Perrin steering dampener. She’s going on vacation with her mom for a week so I will have time to work on her car.

or should I install the Perrin first and see if it improves things before buying a strut tower brace?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Check post #9 in this thread for the front and rear Cusco strut tower braces.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Pics and a link to the Cusco? I’m looking at the Nameless currently. Wondering if I should do that to my daughter’s Impreza sedan when I get around to doing the Perrin steering dampener. She’s going on vacation with her mom for a week so I will have time to work on her car.

or should I install the Perrin first and see if it improves things before buying a strut tower brace?
And to add, here's where I got mine. Price is consistent from the different places I saw it.

Can take a picture tomorrow after doing my 6 mth service work. Looks nice under the hood and its a really easy install. Just loosen the connectors, get it on the bolts, and then tighten it all up. Very quick install.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Premium Hatch CVT
224 Posts
Nothing exciting AT ALL here, but I rotated the tires. Probably the last rotation on these OE tires as I have nearly 60k miles on them. Wearing very evenly though!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

New wheels to go on in the fall with new tires. Still need to do some research on all-weather tires for the 17” wheels I have in storage.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Still need to do some research on all-weather tires for the 17” wheels I have in storage.
I’m still trying to find real world reviews on the following:

Michelin CrossClimate2
Nokian WR G4
General Altimax 365AW

mainly performance characteristics and longevity

·
Registered
90 Posts
I’m still trying to find real world reviews on the following:

Michelin CrossClimate2
Nokian WR G4
General Altimax 365AW

mainly performance characteristics and longevity
chowser51

As previously noted...I purchased the Michelin CC2 in early February. After 9,000 miles I am completely satisfied with the tire. Keeping in mind I'm no speedster etc...the tires corner well, ride is smooth, noise is akin to the oem tires, and handles very well in rain n snow. I had these tires installed right before a trip to NJ at the tail end of snowmageddon and the tires performed as advertised in snow.

I have calculated a 6% drop in mpg but some drop was expected given the performance expectations of this tire during inclement weather.

I actually bought a set of CC2 for my Honda Clarity and will have them installed prior to winter.

Only unknown for me is how close to the 60k tread life will I achieve. I consider it a success if tread life lasts at least to 80% before I even begin thinking about new tires. Time will tell.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks. I was worried about how long they last. Honestly if I get 40k out of a set of tires, I’m happy. My car has runflat 225/45/19s right now and I think come Spring, I will spring for a set of CC2s in 235/45/19. I only have 16k on the runflats and don’t want to change too early. I need to at least wear these down a bit. Lol

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,270 Posts
I drove my Impreza yesterday, it's been under a cover since March! We are under a heat advisory and driving the Miata with the AC on, feels like I forgot to release the emergency brake :) It's weird getting into what feels like a huge car but I know isn't. What was weird is my TPMS had switched from PSI to kPa for some odd reason. I found you can't change it back while driving, I guess that's a good thing.

I finally got a chance to get some better pics of the little spoiler though.

Info on the spoiler here: Spoilers - Hatch Spoiler add on extender

So far I'm liking it.

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
358 Posts
Installed the Rally Innovations Light Bar SU-GTB-RLB-01 - I bought it from Oakos as they didn't charge tax. Light bar and pods in the mail coming next week. Since I already had a primitive skidplate, I reused that hardware, but now it is lower by a few mm due to two washers.

Reactions: chowser51 and peaty

·
Registered
358 Posts
Secondly, I got tired of these two plastic trim pieces laying around taking up space after installing a rear cusco bar. So I dremmeled them down and installed them back into position. Glad to no longer have the white liner fuzz exposed.

PS: something is messed up with the image uploads, can't do more than 1 per post.

Reactions: peaty

·
Registered
84 Posts
Secondly, I got tired of these two plastic trim pieces laying around taking up space after installing a rear cusco bar. So I dremmeled them down and installed them back into position. Glad to no longer have the white liner fuzz exposed.

View attachment 26177

PS: something is messed up with the image uploads, can't do more than 1 per post.
Did you drive the car for a while without the rear strut bar before getting that on as well? I'm pleasantly surprised with how well the vehicle responds on cornering with the front and considering the rear in the future. Though having it in the way of the cargo area even to the degree it is.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Did you drive the car for a while without the rear strut bar before getting that on as well? I'm pleasantly surprised with how well the vehicle responds on cornering with the front and considering the rear in the future. Though having it in the way of the cargo area even to the degree it is.
I had no rear sway bar from the factory as I have a base, so I got that cusco bar and it made the car feel more like... a plank of wood, I guess. Solid and rectangular and held together. Then I did a lift and installed the rear sway bar. Haven't driven it with a rear sway and without the cusco rear bar.

Reactions: Nunya_Biz

·
Registered
358 Posts
Terminated my light bar and two light pods with weatherproof connectors. Was able to install the light bar but the light pods, unfortunately, don't have the necessary clearance! Boo. Going to have to find some or manufacture sort of extension bracket.

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
50 Posts
@Phasm_77, what LEDs are you running for your headlights?
For the high beam, I've been looking for some that don't flicker for DRLs.

681 - 700 of 740 Posts