5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
701 - 720 of 740 Posts

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
50 Posts
BeamTech H11 Low Beams installed

The fans are not audible with the key in On with air on, or engine on. Plug and play, no alignment needed

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,270 Posts
@Phasm_77, what LEDs are you running for your headlights?
For the high beam, I've been looking for some that don't flicker for DRLs.
I've tried to find a set for high beams that are also DRL's. Not for my Impreza (I have a sport so that's not an issue) but for the wife's Outback. I wasn't able to find anything that would work. I worked with headlight revolution, I got a set of the Morimoto 2stroke 3.0 bulbs that are supposed to be DRL voltage sensing and go to a dimmer setting. They didn't work so HR suggested an anti flicker module that I gave a shot. That didn't help at all. I had to go back to the Halogens in the hi beams. I sent the module back but ended up putting the bulbs in my Impreza's high beams.

I'm not sure if the Impreza's DRL system is the exact same as our 2013 Outback that also uses the High beams. Maybe the Morimoto's will work. This is what the info says which gave me some high hopes

DRL Drive: The LED Driver is configured to accept a wide range of input voltage, making them compatible with low voltage daytime running lights commonly found on modern vehicles. When the LED driver detects 6-9V of input: The system logic automatically switches to produce just 30% of the standard output. The low power drive rate of 250mA produces only 460lm per emitter and enables the 2Stroke 3.0 to produce a suitably low output volume as a daytime running light. In this mode, the cooling fan also shuts off to conserve power/lifespan. For vehicles with a PWM-based DRL signal, an inline PWM module that produces a clean DC6V will be required. The driver is completely potted, making it completely weather-proof.
<<

If anyone has a solution I'd be interested in knowing.

Reactions: Octal450

·
Registered
19 Sport Hatch MT
81 Posts
Installing the Cusco model of strut bar made a difference on cornering for sure. The car holds flatter and really goes where you point it even more.
With only the front? Or did you do the back too?

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
50 Posts
@Phasm_77 Thanks. You used H11 for the high beams too? I thought those were 9005s.
Please do let me know, last I saw the decoder made them run full high.

Thank you kindly!

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
50 Posts
OK, H11 is low beam, 9005 high ok.

May I ask which rears you have, and if they need a resistors to not hyperflash?

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Impreza cvt base sedan w//ES
177 Posts
ok, took it for a long drive on the freeway and did some corners too. Definitely feels better. I didn't tell my daughter I installed it. After I picked her up from the airport, I let her drive home and she said it felt better.

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
50 Posts
Sorry to hear :(

I finally tested my Beamtechs in the dark... Wow, impressed. H11 with fan bulbs off amazon.

701 - 720 of 740 Posts