5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
741 - 760 of 791 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
@Phasm_77 Thanks. You used H11 for the high beams too? I thought those were 9005s.
Please do let me know, last I saw the decoder made them run full high.

Thank you kindly!
Update: The decoders I got from Amazon just ran them full high. Returned those, then talked to someone at Beamtech. They sent me out decoders for both H11 and 9005 and they work as intended. Zero flicker.

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
93 Posts
Thanks, so with the beamtech encoders the 9005s work as DRLs also at reduced bright? Or is the H11 decoder needed too (not sure why it would, but just curious)

Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
453 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Subaru Impreza 2.0i base
19 Posts
Questions. What mods are you running with this also cvt or mt and finally just curious as you have more time with it how are you liking it/ noticeable changes. Thanks!

Today i installed crawford power blocks. Technically for 2018 crosstrek but install went easy. My car definitely sounds cooler now. Way less drone from my exhaust. I feel minor improvement in throttle response. I would like to see how it feels with a tune. View attachment 23417 View attachment 23418
View attachment 23419

·
Registered
134 Posts
Questions. What mods are you running with this also cvt or mt and finally just curious as you have more time with it how are you liking it/ noticeable changes. Thanks!
My car is 5 speed, I have had the power blocks and air oil separator from Crawford for a while now. If anything id say the aos is a must have upgrade. If u can afford the power blocks then go for it. I did notice a ton of carbon build up on my intake when I did it, so I am thinking of getting the top end walnut blasted.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
My car is 5 speed, I have had the power blocks and air oil separator from Crawford for a while now. If anything id say the aos is a must have upgrade. If u can afford the power blocks then go for it. I did notice a ton of carbon build up on my intake when I did it, so I am thinking of getting the top end walnut blasted.
Yea I’m deciding which mod is next. Saw the blocks. Aos even the sprintbooster v3 not for hp but with my cvt the idea of more throttle feel control seems intriguing plus great reviews. I’m not after hp but I enjoy cool sounds minus a turbo cas I don’t got a stutututu installed

·
Registered
453 Posts
Reactions: Nunya_Biz and JGR

·
Registered
'21 Sport Hatch CVT Ocean Blue Pearl
99 Posts
Yea I’m deciding which mod is next. Saw the blocks. Aos even the sprintbooster v3 not for hp but with my cvt the idea of more throttle feel control seems intriguing plus great reviews. I’m not after hp but I enjoy cool sounds minus a turbo cas I don’t got a stutututu installed
I'm a fan of the Sprint Booster v3.

Driving around town I just keep it off because it's not necessary, but getting near any sort of multi-lane 45mph plus road and it's a nice one to have.

The increased throttle response feels like you're getting to the available power of the car in a MUCH more desired fashion.

There's no helping the car at 0-20. The CVT leaves no hope of that. Even with the sprint booster on full racing mode, I can hear the car & engine roaring up but that delay in transferring the effort into momentum just doesn't happen mechanically.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I'm a fan of the Sprint Booster v3.

Driving around town I just keep it off because it's not necessary, but getting near any sort of multi-lane 45mph plus road and it's a nice one to have.

The increased throttle response feels like you're getting to the available power of the car in a MUCH more desired fashion.

There's no helping the car at 0-20. The CVT leaves no hope of that. Even with the sprint booster on full racing mode, I can hear the car & engine roaring up but that delay in transferring the effort into momentum just doesn't happen mechanically.
I can understand thec0-20 situation, it’s more overall drive feel than a specific range I suppose. If something can improve the big picture issue vs a particular one I consider it worth it if that’s the issue im trying to improve if that makes sense. It’s a cvt Impreza not anything designed for instant acceleration response because it’s not built that way. Im in the market for a wrx which is a totally different ball game but im realistic about what I have and what Subaru intended my car to do. There’s enough naive ppl that overlook the fact that end of the day the cars gonna be a daily, im not into trying to make it something it’s not, however if I can make it more to my liking within the parameters I feel there’s no harm done. Besides if I wanted more hp i got a bunch of free stickers today at boxerfest that would easily let me smoke an sti lol

·
Registered
'21 Sport Hatch CVT Ocean Blue Pearl
99 Posts
I can understand thec0-20 situation, it’s more overall drive feel than a specific range I suppose. If something can improve the big picture issue vs a particular one I consider it worth it if that’s the issue im trying to improve if that makes sense. It’s a cvt Impreza not anything designed for instant acceleration response because it’s not built that way. Im in the market for a wrx which is a totally different ball game but im realistic about what I have and what Subaru intended my car to do. There’s enough naive ppl that overlook the fact that end of the day the cars gonna be a daily, im not into trying to make it something it’s not, however if I can make it more to my liking within the parameters I feel there’s no harm done. Besides if I wanted more hp i got a bunch of free stickers today at boxerfest that would easily let me smoke an sti lol
+5hp per sticker!

·
Registered
554 Posts
I was starting to hear some 'scraping' sounds from front-left wheel when I made right turns. (as the wheel rotated) I suspected the dust-shield on that corner may be bent and rubbing the brake-rotor.

Pulled the wheel off and found a 'lip' of rust on the rotor which had very little clearance to the caliper-holder. The 'lip' of rust flaked off by tapping with hammer around the perimeter of the rotor.

While I had things apart, I removed the caliper, pads, and caliper-holder. Cleaned everything up with wire brush. The original pads have about 30K miles on them and should last till next summer. Appplied ant-seaze underneath the stainless pad holders and piston-ends.

No more 'scraping' noise while cornering now.

Will plan on replacing front pads next summer.

NOTE: I already have semi-metallic pads on the rear. Cannot locate semi-metallic pads for front so the next best thing is Raybestos Ceramic-Metallic. (Element3™).

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
93 Posts
I run it on my DRLs. Working on a DRL disable.
Sorry to bother you,
I've read alot of these cause the high beams to be at full Bright when in DRL mode. Is that still the case with this decoder? For reference I'm looking at Beamtech 9005 bulbs as replacement.
Thanks

·
Registered
453 Posts
Sorry to bother you,
I've read alot of these cause the high beams to be at full Bright when in DRL mode. Is that still the case with this decoder? For reference I'm looking at Beamtech 9005 bulbs as replacement.
Thanks
its gonna run two hotspots that arent as bright as highbeams.

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
93 Posts
Thanks. Won't work for me, I need my highs. I have to drive on roads with no lighting sometimes. Oh well, I'll prob keep looking for a DRL disable and use my fogs as DRLs when I get them installed.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thanks. Won't work for me, I need my highs. I have to drive on roads with no lighting sometimes. Oh well, I'll prob keep looking for a DRL disable and use my fogs as DRLs when I get them installed.
Your high beams will work perfect. I was talking about DRL pattern.

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
93 Posts
Sorry, I got a bit confused.
You're saying the DRLs will be like hotspot lights and the high beams will be normal?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Reactions: Octal450

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Put a 50$ Amazon generic throttle control chip like sprintbooster but not 300$, same idea probably not as guaranteed but the response in sport mode is way nicer, for a 50$ vs 300$ comparison im not sure how different they’d be but for now it works kinda well can’t complain

741 - 760 of 791 Posts