5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
761 - 780 of 791 Posts

·
Registered
19 Sport Hatch MT
86 Posts
She’s almost at 23k miles. Going to try this Liqui Moly 0W20 I bought for my BMW. Letting my 14 yr old do it. It’s going to be his car once his sister buys her own.

Let me know how it goes. Almost at 42k mi on my car now. On my last oil change at 36k mi I put in motul 8100 ecolite 0w20. Filled it up till it read 3/4 till full on the dipstick. Since then ive noticed I’m a little below the halfway point. The oil level never moved before when I used the dealer oil.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Impreza cvt base sedan w//ES
191 Posts
Will do. I put all 4 bottles in and it is just under full on the dipstick. I already ordered 4 more bottles and have packed the old bottles with the used oil to send back to fcp euro for a refund.
I’ll check the oil level once a week to see if anything burns. I’m going to skip a blackstone analysis this time and do another one at the next oil change.

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
453 Posts

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,338 Posts
Recently Swapped the 5" nameless muffler for a 10" axle back. I feel it still has the nice deep tone but a little more subdued. I have a manual and can still get it to crackle and pop when downshifting. It's not as loud then but still there which I kind of like. I had the wife in the car and asked her if the car sounded different, she said no why? :rolleyes: I said I swapped out for a quieter muffler, she said, it's still loud to me. In all fairness I haven't driven her in the car in about 3 months, I just put the Miata away for the winter. Hard to compare.

Cylinder Gas Gun accessory Auto part Automotive exhaust

It's gotten cold and rainy here lately, frost warnings in the AM so it was time to do the swap, a few more weeks and I'll be putting the Snows on the Impreza I guess.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Hood

Automotive parking light Car Plant Vehicle Sky

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
453 Posts
how long did it take you to install this?
not counting getting the polyurethane rallitek hangers off the borla, maybe 10 minutes.

Reactions: Dradeth

·
ModFather
1,338 Posts

·
ModFather
1,338 Posts
Putting on coilovers in a few hours, any tips?
If you are swapping out the whole strut/spring assembly it's a lot easier than having to deal with a spring compressor. One thing you want to do is spray the bolts at the hub with penetrating oil. They can be a bugger. Honestly you should have been doing it every day for a few days in advance. Don't forget to mark the camber bolt in the front so you can get it back close to where it was but you of course will need to get an alignment after you do the install. The three bolts at the top that hold the strut in place (at the hat) have been known to snap if over torqued. Be sure to use the proper torque on them and a torque wrench.

Check your DM's when you get a min

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you are swapping out the whole strut/spring assembly it's a lot easier than having to deal with a spring compressor. One thing you want to do is spray the bolts at the hub with penetrating oil. They can be a bugger. Honestly you should have been doing it every day for a few days in advance. Don't forget to mark the camber bolt in the front so you can get it back close to where it was but you of course will need to get an alignment after you do the install. The three bolts at the top that hold the strut in place (at the hat) have been known to snap if over torqued. Be sure to use the proper torque on them and a torque wrench.

Check your DM's when you get a min
yea im doing the whole struts, and lower control arms. Im not really sure about setting preload, i know how to do it but i dont really when im not over doing it if it makes sense. I understand i should set it so theres no play in the spring but is that it?

·
ModFather
1,338 Posts
yea im doing the whole struts, and lower control arms. Im not really sure about setting preload, i know how to do it but i dont really when im not over doing it if it makes sense. I understand i should set it so theres no play in the spring but is that it?
I haven't installed or used coilovers myself, so I can't speak to that part. I'm sure some one else can. I have swapped out a lot of struts and springs over the years though :)

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
93 Posts
Got hit and runned while sitting at a red light :( My poor subie...

She got a big dent in the left rear bumper now. Crazy out of control guy came speeding and couldn't stop in time... I tried to move forward but wasn't able to move enough. Couldn't read his damn plates. Glad he steered though or woulda probably totalled her!

Really pissed off.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've been preparing the Impreza for winter. I applied Boeshield T-9 corrosion inhibitor to the engine case and other aluminum parts; and CRC 2-26 lubricant & corrosion inhibitor to the ferrous components, battery terminals and ground stations. I also waxed the painted parts under the hood.

No aluminum oxide on the engine or other corrosion after two winters:

Also installed some performance enhancements...:)

·
ModFather
1,338 Posts
I'm a little OCD about my tire pressure and check it frequently on the display. This morning on the way in to work I noticed my left rear is 3 psi lower. The right side is on the sunny side, so it's a little higher than the left. There must be puncture in the tire somewhere. I hope it's not too close to the side wall. :( I carry a plug kit and compressor. I'll air it up and remove the tire when I get home to inspect it. I'll have it patched at the dealer when I take it in for the fuel pump recall depending on where the puncture is. The TPMS light didn't come on but it's not that low I suppose.

Product Fluid Font Gas Circle

761 - 780 of 791 Posts